These stations look fantastic!

I hope this will improve getting to Square One (to get on GO Transit) from the Bloor-Danforth line. Prior to this, you'd sit on a local bus for ~40 minutes. Now local bus from the subway to Dixie station, and rapid transit to Square one after that. Nice

You won't need to take a local bus to Dixie. The Transitway will service Islington Station, so you can get right on it at Islington instead.

MiWay_MississaugaTransitway_ServicePlanPhase1-July2014.png

Attachments

• MiWay_MississaugaTransitway_ServicePlanPhase1-July2014.png
    MiWay_MississaugaTransitway_ServicePlanPhase1-July2014.png
    595.4 KB · Views: 2,266
You won't need to take a local bus to Dixie. The Transitway will service Islington Station, so you can get right on it at Islington instead.
I believe he means service will be local from Islington to Dixie until the next phase open in 2016 and express to Sq One as it will not be caught up in traffic like it is today.

It has been stated since 2004 that travel time from Islington to Sq One will be 25 minutes on a good day. Travel time will be based on what 427 is doing at the time. You will be saving about 10 minutes or less come Nov for the routes.

It will be a rare blue moon to find me on this route as my route and stop is shorter from Islington even with the longer headway. A lot of back tracking from Sq One.

I attended a learn and learn on the Transitway at work on Wednesday The initial time savings for Phase 1 is projected to be 4 minutes for 107 and 109.
Because of the savings 2 buses will be added to 107 and 109 which see the headways drop to 12.5 minutes in the peak.
Expect to see service slightly reduced on the 26 and 76 to compensate for the increased service on the 109, which I personally don't like.
Buses will stop at all stations regardless if the platform is occupied or empty.
There will be saturday service for 107 and 109. I expect the routes will be well used on the weekends, especially the 107.

I use the 26/76 to get to work, and I'll most likely switch over to the 109 if the schedule is favourable.

Last edited:
For travel times getting from Square One to Islington, how will the 109 via transitway compare to the other, existing routes?

3 Bloor, 20 Rathburn, 26 burnhamthorpe, 109 Meadowvale Exp are approx 35-40 minutes. 76 Square One-Subway takes a needlessly long and indirect route off of Burnhamthorpe toward the subway to satisfy the NIMBYs in Toronto. That's the legacy of Jane Jacobs right there.

They promised 20 minute travel time with transitway, 50% time savings. But of course we are not getting a full transitway yet. And there will be no transitway along Rathburn in the near future either, because Mississauga only cares about the needs of big business (OMERS).

Few questions:

1) There is concurrently construction ongoing on the vacant land bordering Eglinton Ave (to the north) between Orbitor Dr. and Commerce Blvd. Will the transitway be tunnelled under the intersections or what is the intended configuration of the intersections?

2) What is the intended configuration of the on-ramps to Eglinton Ave from hwy 427 NB: will one of the 2 current ramps eventually be designated as transit only?

Few questions:

1) There is concurrently construction ongoing on the vacant land bordering Eglinton Ave (to the north) between Orbitor Dr. and Commerce Blvd. Will the transitway be tunnelled under the intersections or what is the intended configuration of the intersections?
Yes it will go under the existing streets. See http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/BRT_PICPlan_FieldgatetoRenforth_sm.jpg
2) What is the intended configuration of the on-ramps to Eglinton Ave from hwy 427 NB: will one of the 2 current ramps eventually be designated as transit only?
The ramp connecting with the East Mall was supposed to be converted. Don't know when or if they are still planning to do it.

They really seem to have put a lot of thought into this service and will be an excellent addition to rapid transit in the GTA and will benefit Missisaugans greatly.

The Transitway maybe an addition to rapid transit in the GTA, but "excellent"? I just hope the NIMBYs will not prevent higher density development from occurring next to the stations or stops. Having empty fields around them is not the way to promote their use by walkins.

The Transitway maybe an addition to rapid transit in the GTA, but "excellent"? I just hope the NIMBYs will not prevent higher density development from occurring next to the stations or stops. Having empty fields around them is not the way to promote their use by walkins.

The transitway is beside hydro corridor. And not much residents nearby so no NIMBYs to worry about either way... and it's not like high density development is a new thing in Mississauga.

Transitway might affect the development of MCC. There's also Airport Corporate Centre, the transit is beside Eglinton there, and there's no hydro corridor, but the potential is probably limited anyways because it's near the airport, so no residential for sure, just offices.

If you want densification, wait until the Hurontario LRT. That's why I call for Dundas LRT also, but Metrolinx is ignoring the ongoing Dundas corridor study and forcing a one-size-fits-all BRT solution for Dundas in Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga...

Has the City got ownership of this transitway yet? If So, Have any drivers done any training on it as there is a new way for buses that will enter and leave the Transitway east of Dixie? Traffic lights working.

Work still going on at Central Parkway Station and surprise to see this as this station was almost finish early this year. Tomken and Dixie stations still missing flashing after all these months, but finish otherwise including watching the elevators working.

There is a small Kiss & wait area on the north east side of Tomken Rd.

Dixie and Eastgate intersection has been rebuilt and strip, but missing new traffic poles which is no big deal as they will be install shortly.

The plan entrance/exit from the Transitway has been relocated to the east off Eastgate with traffic light and way better than the original plan.

Phase II

The tunnel under Eglinton is complete with back filling taking place on the north side, with Eglinton going back to it original layout by year end.

Retaining walls still being built for the Transitway south of Eglinton.

Tahoe Station is well advance with steel up and concrete being pour for the platform. Roofs are cover and this station completed next year.

Bell Tahoe Station that is having the bridge over it about 75% complete with the first section of the road deck ready for concrete. Concrete walls and stairs are in place and waiting for rest of the work to start once the bridge is completed. Once the bridge is completed, Bell closed entrance will reopen so the other entrance can be close for building the bridge that is needed there for the Transitway

Phase III

The bridge over Etobicoke Creek has been built and Pave.

Spectrum Way intersection close and being dug up for a new bridge and station.

Not much else is taking place other than sewer work for the rest of it.

Phase IV

Steel up for the platforms for Erin Mills with part of the flyover in place at Winston Churchill.

Building the east side of Glen Erin bridge.

At Erin Mills, work is underway for moving the north intersection to/from 403 further north.

Phase V

No work has started on the new Renforth station or road.

Phase VI

Nothing yet on the Kipling Station.

Last edited:

Back