The massing and shape are great. If the cladding was different and they didn't use stone along the first floor canopy (it's very misplaced looking) this would potentially be one of my favourites going up right now. It's nice to see something other than a point tower right downtown.

20121122152153.jpg

Very nice update Atlantis!! How did you get up to the City Hall observation deck? Or were you in a high office?

Thanks sMT! I was working at 390 Bay Street today, up on the 24th floor, with fantastic views of the city in all four directions! :)

Ahhh my mistake. Didn't quite absorb the first shot. Awesome views though, the people in that office must be really happy knowing their northern view is forever protected by Bay Street's alignment

Ahhh my mistake. Didn't quite absorb the first shot. Awesome views though, the people in that office must be really happy knowing their northern view is forever protected by Bay Street's alignment

That's actually the view from my office, but I'm higher up so I can see clear over the Thomson Building. :D

From May:

7206949284_82b918007c_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ramako/7206949284/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Yeah, I spend a lot of time just staring out the window when I should be working.

Last edited:
Nice.
When will N/W corner of Bay/Dundas be developed?

Hopefully never. The northwest corner is a handsome old building that should be preserved.

I agree with sMTer. However, that is the one building on that block that needs to be preserved. I wouldn't mind seeing facade preservations on a few of the others on Dundas b/w Bay and Elizabeth, but that whole coach block is severely underdeveloped considering its location.

With that said, I'm still a lot more interested in seeing that awful parking lot on the NW corner of Bay/Edward built up.

Last edited:

Back