News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I also think that Trudeau's legalizing marijuana and generally being lax on drugs has increased gang activity as they adjust to the new norm.

I hope you realise that a rational approach to drugs policy (including real information and legalisation) would, in fact, destroy the single most profitable (by far) criminal enterprise.

Sure, these dicks would turn to other crimes, but nothing is quite as profitable as the drug trade.

That's not mentioning the other harms that the war on reason...I mean, drugs causes.

For example, I'm guessing you didn't know that metabolites of ETOH (alcohol) are toxic at all doses whereas oxidative stress causing neurotoxicity from MDMA (methylenedioxymethamphetamine)* is not present in a single active dose. So, the misinformation in regards to drugs causes massive amounts of harm. For example.

Also, did you know that nicotine is extremely addictive whereas LSD is not?
Or that psylocibin is a much safer anxiolytic than addictive and potentially deadly benzodiazepines?
Or that the War on Drugs is an illogical fraud? (Sorry, had to.)

*Please don't call it ecstasy. Ecstasy is dead.

Okay, so you're parroting something you read. In which Pardy pretends s. 1 doesn't exists and talks about a "coup". Got it.

I thought you would be relying on serious criticism, not clickbait.

Presumably, an article by a law school professor in a mainstream newspaper qualifies as serious criticism rather than “click bait.”

Presumably, an article by a law school professor in a mainstream newspaper qualifies as serious criticism rather than “click bait.”

Not if you actually read it. Easier to sell an article if it's provocative, than an actual serious legal analysis. That's not serious legal analysis - it's a bunch of rhetoric. There is a dissent in that decision, which is better reading than that article.

I know Pardy. I understand he's a good prof, because he's happy to argue points (on either side of an issue) so as to challenge his students. He is really good at developing students' advocacy skills, from what I hear, because he keeps them on their toes. He's not a constitutional law prof - i don't think he has the background, nor do I believe he teaches it; I think his expertise is environmental law, IIRC - although like anyone he likes to debate it and dabbles in it. To be fair, I haven't tried to find his CV, so apologies if I am mistaken on that. I think his most recent claim to fame is a debate with Jordan Peterson.

I hope you realise that a rational approach to drugs policy (including real information and legalisation) would, in fact, destroy the single most profitable (by far) criminal enterprise.

Sure, these dicks would turn to other crimes, but nothing is quite as profitable as the drug trade.

That's not mentioning the other harms that the war on reason...I mean, drugs causes.

For example, I'm guessing you didn't know that metabolites of ETOH (alcohol) are toxic at all doses whereas oxidative stress causing neurotoxicity from MDMA (methylenedioxymethamphetamine)* is not present in a single active dose. So, the misinformation in regards to drugs causes massive amounts of harm. For example.

Also, did you know that nicotine is extremely addictive whereas LSD is not?
Or that psylocibin is a much safer anxiolytic than addictive and potentially deadly benzodiazepines?
Or that the War on Drugs is an illogical fraud? (Sorry, had to.)

*Please don't call it ecstasy. Ecstasy is dead.
Thank you for spreading factual information and not just like "drugs are good because they're good and fun"

I don't think that she should be the mayor, just that she could be the Tooker Gomberg this time, collecting the progressive vote.

Thank you for spreading factual information and not just like "drugs are good because they're good and fun"
Well, like anything, some are great (psychedelics, empathogens) and some are rubbish (benzos, cocaine, opiates, alcohol most of the time).

No problem though. Fighting against the war on drugs is one of my life's passions. Throwing out facts to battle misconceptions, misinformation, fear, and ignorance is good times.

Who will Ford Nation support? I suppose they could just stay home without a suitable candidate to vote for.

Does anyone want to place bets on who the big name challenger to Tory will b?. I have been hearing rumors that their is at least one progressive person that will run this election. My bet is Richard Peddie(who I think is terrible) he has already expressed some interest while going on constant political tirades on twitter.
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/ne...rontos-2018-mayoral-election/article35066481/

I am generally ok with the job John Tory has done but I want a real election just so he has the moral authority to implement his vision.

There are now 21 people running for mayor. Tory has no major challengers and the deadline is in five days.

Back