News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ketamine?

Tory? That explains why he's so mellow and seemingly out of touch.
"Special K" = Keesmaat.

Even before she announces the details of her platform, it's such a relief after slews of yucky, boring, sometimes just plain nasty political choices (Mike Schreiner an exception) to have someone bright, "bold" and *informed* to choose from. Sure she's green, she all the better for it.

Yeah too green and unknown to many.. she will probably get 20-30% of the votes
there is no strong 3rd party to split this election vote and have her beat Tory, oh well maybe 2022
She's already scoring 30%, right out of the gate. More than Tory did. And she hasn't even announced her platform.

That's not only green shoots, it's shooting green. Allow me to pick a more apt description, as "Green" has a bit of a trademark to it.

She's FRESH! And what a relief...
About one third (30%) say they would support Jennifer Keesmaat.
http://poll.forumresearch.com/data/417633c5-894a-4f17-a9ec-46da194ea51bNews Release from Forum Research_Toronto Issues_July 27 2018.pdf

Brown Shoes Don't Make It - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Shoes_Don't_Make_It

What's incredibly telling of how polarized Ontario voters are, including Toronto...where they never used to be in the past...is how Keesmaat is being labelled a "Leftie" by the Genghis Khan Party types.

She isn't. "Progressive"? Absolutely, and more than willing and able to justify every one of her platform stances, when fully announced ("secession was a PR label, contents will differ") with facts, figures and real world examples.

Toronto is so incredibly behind the times on so many issues, even by Toronto's own former set of values, and the 'Trump Factor' is not only alive and well in this province (and others) it's gaining power.

It's time for "Bold" as long as the case can be made and extolled with facts and figures. "Can Do" anyone, as opposed to the "Can't Do" and "No Can Do" of the present QP Druids?

People are aware that a large part of their rent goes towards property tax right?
lol...no matter what amount it is, it's still less than the rent! Perhaps that wasn't obvious to "people"? "Right"?

And define "large amount". Or I will. Here's a good start:

upload_2018-8-2_19-3-28.png

https://www.toronto.ca/services-pay...ies/property-tax/property-tax-rates-and-fees/

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-2_19-3-28.png
    upload_2018-8-2_19-3-28.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
People are aware that a large part of their rent goes towards property tax right?

Large? If 20% of my rent is property tax, then I'd be surprised.

I'll tell you what's large....the combined income and estimated sales taxes I pay every year. Which is more than my rent!

Property tax is a joke amount in the grand accounting of things. I'm telling you, there are months where I spend more on booze (and if you throw smokes in then we're really having a laugh) than I do on property tax....and I'm not even close to being an alcoholic.

"Special K" = Keesmaat.

Wow, apologies. I reckoned that way because only someone of your vintage might be found calling it that. Alright, never mind all that then.

Even before she announces the details of her platform, it's such a relief after slews of yucky, boring, sometimes just plain nasty political choices (Mike Schreiner an exception) to have someone bright, "bold" and *informed* to choose from. Sure she's green, she all the better for it.

Preach the good word!

I like her because she seems quite rational, sensible, and reasonable which in today's politics is an accomplishment and nowhere near a matter of course. Sadly.

lol...hey, we didn't do shid like that. That was for the lost gen following us. With very few exceptions, they lost the music too.

Strawberry Fields Forever!

Alright, alright, settle down. Lost the music, my eye!
We found music that'd make your hair grey. Like, possibly actually. I mean I'm not sure what else would explain my grey hairs.

:p

Yeah too green and unknown to many.. she will probably get 20-30% of the votes
there is no strong 3rd party to split this election vote and have her beat Tory, oh well maybe 2022
Toronto is probably 12% far left, 30% left, 40% center, 17% right, 1% far right.
Tory is right around center, if not a little to the left.
Keesmaat might get the 12% far left and half of the 30% left - so I would guess she will end up with about 27% support.
Maybe a right wing candidate will gain some media coverage and get maybe 10% - leaving Tory with still well over half.

Toronto is probably 12% far left, 30% left, 40% center, 17% right, 1% far right.
Tory is right around center, if not a little to the left.
Keesmaat might get the 12% far left and half of the 30% left - so I would guess she will end up with about 27% support.
Maybe a right wing candidate will gain some media coverage and get maybe 10% - leaving Tory with still well over half.

Interesting. What am I? I want to be far out. Who do I vote for?

Back