News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think Keesmaat could have a bright future but she needs to do some time in the trenchs among the regular folk kind of folk. A walk about if you will.

She comes across as too institutional, climbing the promotional ladder type. Too bookish, too refined. That’s all well and good but you’ve got to round it out with some trench work in politics.

Going Councillor first as an example. That’s trench work. Taking on a lost cause social do-gooder cause. That’s trench work. Getting out of the office and dropping f-bombs with the boys in the field on site down in the mud and guts. That’s trench work.

I think Keesmaat could have a bright future but she needs to do some time in the trenchs among the regular folk kind of folk. A walk about if you will.

She comes across as too institutional, climbing the promotional ladder type. Too bookish, too refined. That’s all well and good but you’ve got to round it out with some trench work in politics.

Going Councillor first as an example. That’s trench work. Taking on a lost cause social do-gooder cause. That’s trench work. Getting out of the office and dropping f-bombs with the boys in the field on site down in the mud and guts. That’s trench work.
Running your dad’s label company into the ground while you party in Monaco - that’s trench work.

The reality in today’s climate is political experience matters far less than your name brand. Ford,’Trump, Trudeau, Mulroney, Morneau etc... Even a Nunziata kid is running for trustee on the back of the name.

Hanging out with the boys saying "“I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.”...that's trench work. SMH.

Running your dad’s label company into the ground while you party in Monaco - that’s trench work.

The reality in today’s climate is political experience matters far less than your name brand. Ford,’Trump, Trudeau, Mulroney, Morneau etc... Even a Nunziata kid is running for trustee on the back of the name.

In that sense Keesmat may even given how well she is known in Toronto. I will be voting for her this time around.

I agree though, there are too many name branded politicians. There may be a turning point though in the sense that people are realizing names mean squat. Trump, Ford, Trudeau are all spineless, inexperienced twits that people are starting to realize are incapable of any meaningful decisions.

I blame Arnie and George W for this whole mess. They made celebrity politics fun and brought it to the forefront. Now people are realizing politicians like Ford have the charisma of Hitler and the substance of a Kardashian.

Now every time I see one of those Tory "waahh don't vote for Keesmsat, she's a secessionist!" ads, I consider it to be a pro-Keesmaat ad.

What started out as a couple of quips followed by silence followed by promotion from Team Tory, is sounding better all the time.

Now every time I see one of those Tory "waahh don't vote for Keesmsat, she's a secessionist!" ads, I consider it to be a pro-Keesmaat ad.

What started out as a couple of quips followed by silence followed by promotion from Team Tory, is sounding better all the time.
Where do you see ads? With adblockers and a PVR they don't really exist any more.

Screenshot_20180914-133040_Facebook.jpg

From the book of faces just now....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180914-133040_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20180914-133040_Facebook.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 380
I am white and I am tired of almost all white elections in a city which is supposed to be diverse.

View attachment 156608
From the book of faces just now....
I'm totally onboard for paying more taxes, provided it clears the streets and on/off ramps of beggars and vagrants, improves our infrastructure and roads, improves police response times, makes protected bike lanes continuously (like train tracks, never ending) and cleans the litter out of our parks and public places, builds the DRL and ROW railed transit downtown, and overall improves residents' life in the city.

My property taxes on my Cabbagetown semi are, I believe about $5,500 a year. I'd gladly pay an additional 50% (total $8,300) or more to get the above.

Maybe focus on peoples platforms instead of race? The current city council is far from an alt-right body.
I definitely am focused on the platforms but when I see that tweet that is one of my first thoughts. It also reminds me that collectively we didn't take Olivia Chow seriously and because of that we have Tory, who is better than Ford, but is no Keesmat. Although city council is far from Alt-right you have to wonder why such a multicultural city doesn't have a more diverse council. Is it because minorities do not want the positions or is it because rarely would we vote for them.

Although city council is far from Alt-right you have to wonder why such a multicultural city doesn't have a more diverse council. Is it because minorities do not want the positions or is it because rarely would we vote for them.
It might be because many are not eligible to vote.

What's the population that are citizens? In my immigrant family I am the only one who bothered to get Canadian citizenship, and we've been here since the 1970s.

Last edited:
I definitely am focused on the platforms but when I see that tweet that is one of my first thoughts. It also reminds me that collectively we didn't take Olivia Chow seriously and because of that we have Tory, who is better than Ford, but is no Keesmat. Although city council is far from Alt-right you have to wonder why such a multicultural city doesn't have a more diverse council. Is it because minorities do not want the positions or is it because rarely would we vote for them.
We collectively didn't take Olivia Chow seriously because her platform and message was lacking and it was clear that Tory was the anti-Ford candidate. I should have been her ideal demographic, and yet not once during the election did I feel like my vote should have gone to her.

Anyway, I would say be careful what you wish for. Or do I really need to remind you that the current multicultural diversity of city council includes the likes of: Crisanti, Di Ciano, Mammolitti, Nunziata, Di Giorgio, Palacio, Minnan-wong, Thompson, Karygiannis, Chin Lee, Raymond Cho, and Neethan Shan.

Back