I think that any building proposed over 500 feet outside the FD area will have a harder time getting approval, regardless of the fact that a couple hundred extra feet has no impact at street level. These proposals are breaking a standard and residents are going to make a stink.

Murano (UT)

Meanwhile... what's with the lack of activity on the site??? There isn't even a crane there. Are they having problems with water too?

They are digging a very deep hole - 7 floors of underground parking is planned - they still have to dig deeper. By comparison the Met only had 3 or 4 floors of parking.

Murano Crane?

I believe a crane might be going up at this site.

That is pretty fast for a hole that deep (RoCP seemed to take forever), although I think there was a minor varience request to reduce the number of parking spaces, which resulted in the parking garage only having 6 floors underground vs the planned 7 floors.

Re: Murano Crane?

True, Chicago didn't have hordes of people at all... their sidewalks were nice though (in the Loop).

Kowloon had some nightly road closures when I was there, too. I can't see this working in Toronto though.

I just passed by, and they've poured a section of basement slab and set the base for the south crane. give it a few days for the concrete to set, and that crane will be up shortly.

So the phase 2 tower will be getting the crane first?

Anyone in the area for some photos?

We jumped the gun on the crane. No crane yet.

A sign has been posted for Phase 3 on the west side of Bay. Strangely, the height of the building is given on the sign as "H8" storeys. Huh? Should be 48, but an unfortunate mistake if that's what it is.

I just walked by, and the crane is going up right now.

Are both Pulses u/c? I haven't been up there in a while.

Yes, I can confirm that the crane is firmly up now for Murano.

And pedestrians at Bay/College?!! Wow, looks like condos are starting to make an impact on this area. The Bay street streetwall is going to look even better in the upcoming few years.

DSC01567.jpg

Murano Crane

I've found out that there may be a creek underneath or possibly a watermain has broken? Wonder how long this will delay construction for this project?

Back