I am beginning to believe the Sci-fi movies have it right after all. It is NOW the future and we are all living in cubicles. Does anyone remember the size of Bruce Willis' apartment in The Fifth Element or Ripley's Earthbound living quarters in Aliens?

Yikes! It's not like this in American cities... WTF is going on in Toronto?

I am beginning to believe the Sci-fi movies have it right after all. It is NOW the future and we are all living in cubicles. Does anyone remember the size of Bruce Willis' apartment in The Fifth Element or Ripley's Earthbound living quarters in Aliens?

Yikes! It's not like this in American cities... WTF is going on in Toronto?

As Stephen Colbert would say, "the market has spoken". These small places are selling like hotcakes.

is that true?? wow...

lol Traynor...eventually we'll all live like bender. lol.

YES! Bender! That is an even more apt comparison.
However, to live in Bender's closet like Fry does, would be much more desirable.
LOL LOL LOL

without going overboard into 'real estate discussions' ... the average starting price was $630 psf during the preview opening ... ranges from $620-$660 psf

Am I the only one who can't find the Den in some of these 1 Bedroom+Den layouts?

And yeah these units are small. My 1 Bedroom condo is the same size as their 2-Bedroom.

Am I the only one who can't find the Den in some of these 1 Bedroom+Den layouts?

And yeah these units are small. My 1 Bedroom condo is the same size as their 2-Bedroom.

Did you read my post #355 on the previous page? Look carefully at the floorplan for The Birch. Just to the left of the kitchen island slash dining table, there is a desk in a niche of the wall... That IS the den! As i said: We used to call that 'a desk in a hallway' not a den.

Although even just 5 years ago a den would likely be filled with a clunky desktop pc etc. Now, today's office toys take up very little space, like the ipad.... (Do ppl really hang out in their dens? Or are they like me, and mostly hang out in the living room or bedroom?

Well despite it's lack of use in today's electronic community, the traditional den could be used to perform double duty as a spare bedroom when Aunt Betty came to visit. But seriously, won't Aunt Betty be tickled to learn that she now has to sleep on a desktop in a hole in the wall.

At least other condo designers only try and call that space a "Media Nook". Which itself is a euphemism for "desk in a hole". This developer has delusions of grandeur calling that a den.

My gawd, they are tiny. They remind me of trailer interiors.
Hmmmm....Perhaps that could be a fun theme for the units: "The Jayco", "The Airstream", etc.

So what we're saying here is that developers are selling economical Flipper Units of space rather than spatial living environments that normal people would actually want to inhabit?

Having a balcony in a unit that small helps make the space feel bigger. Bigger enough for me!

Back