Almost all condos have rules on having only white or neutral-coloured window coverings, but as an architect that have designed many condo buildings I find even plain white window coverings creates a very busy and messy looking facade when the glass is not deeply tinted (this is a beef of mine). Some window shades may be fully open, some may be fully closed, some may be partially opened, some buildings may have a mix of roller shades, vertical blinds, horizontal blings, and drapes with tie-backs. There is a sharp contrast between a white window treatment and the non-covered portions of the window that appears as a black void on the outside during the day. This creates an unintentional strong pattern behind the glass facade which often distracts the look of the building, especially if the building is predominately glass and it’s not tinted.
Also, furniture and stuff pushed against the windows will also create a busy and messy exterior appearance. Not everyone lives minimally with sleek designed furnishings.

While the glass at Nobu appears to be tinted, it is a very light tint and the window coverings will be pretty apparent when it’s installed.
I wish the glass here had a more pronounced bronze or golden reflective tint, but I also wish so many other things about this disappointing building. This development is a huge missed opportunity and unworthy of the Nobu brand.

Almost all condos have rules on having only white or neutral-coloured window coverings, but as an architect that have designed many condo buildings I find even plain white window coverings creates a very busy and messy looking facade when the glass is not deeply tinted (this is a beef of mine). Some window shades may be fully open, some may be fully closed, some may be partially opened, some buildings may have a mix of roller shades, vertical blinds, horizontal blings, and drapes with tie-backs. There is a sharp contrast between a white window treatment and the non-covered portions of the window that appears as a black void on the outside during the day. This creates an unintentional strong pattern behind the glass facade which often distracts the look of the building, especially if the building is predominately glass and it’s not tinted.
Also, furniture and stuff pushed against the windows will also create a busy and messy exterior appearance. Not everyone lives minimally with sleek designed furnishings.

While the glass at Nobu appears to be tinted, it is a very light tint and the window coverings will be pretty apparent when it’s installed.
I wish the glass here had a more pronounced bronze or golden reflective tint, but I also wish so many other things about this disappointing building. This development is a huge missed opportunity and unworthy of the Nobu brand.
That's an entirely fair assessment, but I've always liked when a building looks lived in. Same thing goes for people keeping stuff out on the balcony. It's never bothered me and I love the abstract idea of everyone living together in close community.

Agreed with PE; I always thought a "lived in" look adds sorely needed colour and texture to bland buildings, even making them passable. It's also one reason why I don't see at grade residential as the end of the world on side streets.

I also have a question about the balcony on the corners. Are the balconies blocked by the black things, what is the good use of the balcony then?

Agreed with PE; I always thought a "lived in" look adds sorely needed colour and texture to bland buildings, even making them passable. It's also one reason why I don't see at grade residential as the end of the world on side streets.
On some buildings having that added visual textural element makes it more interesting, but on others it makes it worse.
For Nobu I think it’s more of the latter, IMO. There is a lot of messiness going on with the mullion pattern and choice of colour.
On The One I think it looks too stark and lifeless with the sleek curtain wall and tinted glass.

I also have a question about the balcony on the corners. Are the balconies blocked by the black things, what is the good use of the balcony then?
those black panels are part of the chamfered architectural element that extends from the facade. They block a good third of the view from the corner balconies. Those corner balconies are so tiny that they are not that practical or usable and to have those black panels blocking most of the view adds insult to injury. The black panels were supposed to be made of perforated metal so that it allows some light through and makes for an interesting architectural detail but that unfortunately got VE‘ed (like a lot of things here).
I bought one of those corner units and was so glad I sold it a couple of years ago.

Are the area of balcony counted in the suite area?
no, balcony or exterior area is never counted as part of the suite square footage.

Nov. 7th - Still have a 18 floors to go on finishing the cladding where the construction elevator was.

1000022861.jpg

Hyatt could use a bit of a wash. Pretty cool view...despite quite a few darker towers there's a nice enough mix here.

Hyatt could use a bit of a wash. Pretty cool view...despite quite a few darker towers there's a nice enough mix here.
The Hyatt has looked like an unwashed Joséphine for years...I don't think they are bothered to put in the effort

Back