News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
The other two locations will remain open apparently.

Three (Beaches, Danforth, Yonge), but yes, you're right.

Still sad. In terms of indie, non-used, general interest (ie, not specialized like Bakka or Swipe) bookshops, we're down to what? Type, Ben McNally, and what's left of Book City? That doesn't seem like much for a city of a few million. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Three (Beaches, Danforth, Yonge), but yes, you're right.

Still sad. In terms of indie, non-used, general interest (ie, not specialized like Bakka or Swipe) bookshops, we're down to what? Type, Ben McNally, and what's left of Book City? That doesn't seem like much for a city of a few million. Maybe I'm just getting old.

And query how long the remaining Book City locations will be able to keep going...sad sad sad. Soon there will be nothing left. Even Mrs. Schwarz sells more tchotchkes than books in her emporia now. Is the pleasure of browsing through bookstores lost?

Maybe the future of bookstores are small, intimate and highly connected affairs - offering customers browsing opportunities on their own devices with an on-demand and on-site printing service?

AoD

Argg Cheesecake factories are soo overrated ... anyway no ... keep that in the suburbs, actually the Shops at Don Mills would be a perfect location.

Argg Cheesecake factories are soo overrated ... anyway no ... keep that in the suburbs, actually the Shops at Don Mills would be a perfect location.
They have some nice downtown locations, like the one on top of Macys in San Francisco. I'd love to see one in downtown Toronto.

They have some nice downtown locations, like the one on top of Macys in San Francisco. I'd love to see one in downtown Toronto.

The Cheesecake and Grand Lux Locations on the Magnificent Mile in Chicago are gorgeous - Eaton Centre is Toronto's #1 Tourist Attraction - more large scale, branded restaurants makes sense.

Yes its overrated ... let me guess, you were excited when PH Changs (or whatever the heck it called) came to Canada ... that place is a complete joke. I had to go recently. Its typical white Chinese food, I don't at all have a problem with that; What I have a problem with is the fact the quality was meh at best, worse yet, the prices were easily 2 / 3 X (i'm not kidding) what you'd pay at an equivalent local restaurant (with the same but better quality Chinese food).

Honestly, I've never met anyone who really loved Cheese cake say that the Cheese cake factory makes a decent product ... I'm not saying it terrible, its just OK ... really all they have going for them is the variety of flavors ... but that doesn't mean it is a good cheese cake ..

The only time I've been to a Cheesecake Factory was for lunch and we didn't even have dessert. Lunch was decent though -- portions are huge!

I find it hard to get excited about a chain restaurant. Nothing wrong with them, one knows what to expect, but they are never exceptional. So many great places to eat in Toronto, who has time to fantasize about an American mall chain?

Back