News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Size is the limiting factor more than money. They can't replicate MLG in a small store, but that overall concept is what they are doing with new builds these days.

Renos too. Loblaws is wrapping up renovations of the St Clair/Bathurst store to turn it into a MLG-style store, complete with wall of cheese.

True. But for some weird reason they are not doing that concept at Queen's Quay where they have plenty of room. St. Clair/Bathurst is the second busiest store in the city after MLG

True. But for some weird reason they are not doing that concept at Queen's Quay where they have plenty of room. St. Clair/Bathurst is the second busiest store in the city after MLG

Queen's Quay is on the list for that treatment, so far as I know.

So is Leslie/Lakeshore.

I haven't yet heard about Danforth/Broadview (which I believe needs a total tear down), or Bloor/Dundas West (which now features a vacant Zellers and looks rather decrepit....but it is an up and coming area.

To an earlier point, Bloor Street Market is independently owned, but affiliated w/Loblaws. In fact the owner is rather influential.........

Its the only (Loblaws) store, in my experience, where you can ask for a product and see it on the shelf the next week..... :)

Btw.....they are getting in store chefs next year, as I understand it (as in their own proper kitchen)

Queen's Quay is on the list for that treatment, so far as I know.

So is Leslie/Lakeshore.

I haven't yet heard about Danforth/Broadview (which I believe needs a total tear down), or Bloor/Dundas West (which now features a vacant Zellers and looks rather decrepit....but it is an up and coming area.

To an earlier point, Bloor Street Market is independently owned, but affiliated w/Loblaws. In fact the owner is rather influential.........

Its the only (Loblaws) store, in my experience, where you can ask for a product and see it on the shelf the next week..... :)

Btw.....they are getting in store chefs next year, as I understand it (as in their own proper kitchen)
I was told QQ was not getting the treatment. Maybe your peeps know something mine don't :)

Bloor St used to be a valu-mart, all of which are independently owned. I wasn't sure if they had been bought out when the change to Bloor St Market happened. It was always kind of odd to have a VM in that location.

If you ask the right people at MLG, you'll get that service too. My spouse works there, and as former VM owners, that's what we were used to doing so he's making it happen there too, where he can

If you ask the right people at MLG, you'll get that service too. My spouse works there, and as former VM owners, that's what we were used to doing so he's making it happen there too, where he can

I know one or two of the ......employees at MLG; I'd be amused it it turns out one is your hubby! :p

I've put in a bunch or requests there, and where as I got all them at Bloor St. Market; I'm running about 40% at MLG.

That includes some I thought should be uber-easy for them to get.

I understand they are allowed to order off the approved-vendor list........so I'm lost on why they don't have a much better selection that they do (in the grocery aisles)

Produce/Meat/Bakery all seem more responsive..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Coles at Brookfield is closing. From the closing notice, it doesn't appear it will be replaced by an Indigo brand.

Massimo Dutti is opening in the former HMV space at FCP.

Interesting. I would have thought they'd be opening their second downtown store in the Bloor/Yorkville area.

Massimo Dutti is opening in the former HMV space at FCP.

Thanks for the update....btw, how did you come about this news, I can't seem to find anything on-line that supports this.

Interesting. I would have thought they'd be opening their second downtown store in the Bloor/Yorkville area.

Lots of guys in suits at FCP? And Harry Rosen and the place upstairs (Vassi?) have the high end market sewn up, so it's a good place of a mid-range menswear store.

Thanks for the update....btw, how did you come about this news, I can't seem to find anything on-line that supports this.

I take that back, just saw that the building permit has been issued for Massimo Dutti at FCP.

Lots of guys in suits at FCP?

FCP, TD, Scotia, Brookfield, RBC Plaza, etc. Basically any man in the area working in legal, financial, consulting, accounting, etc. will most likely need a suit or two, at a minimum. If one store should worry about this one it's Tip Top although they're at the lower end (albeit with decent items here and there), this one seems in the middle, and Vassi, Rosen, and there's another one on the ground level at FCP has higher-end. Then there's the Bay, which in my opinion is superior to all of them for the range and quality of options available. Moores' is mostly second-rate stuff, although surprisingly I saw Strellson shirts in Winners today.

Last edited:

Back