8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Speaking of the above....

The Coxwell store has not yet reopened, nor have permits even been issued for renovation/reconstruction.

According to local community sources....

Loblaws has been acquiring the storefronts to its south along this stretch.

To what ultimate purpose is not yet clear (merely a larger store, or a different redevelopment scheme altogether)
Just saw this posted on a Facebook group (I have no idea what "storming" means!)
NoFrills at coxwell,has started reconstruction, first phase said to be 2-3 months, then new equpment, storming store

[...] (I have no idea what "storming" means!)

Probably an autocorrect failure on the word 'stocking'.

No, I'm pretty sure they meant storming. This is a popular grocery store in the area, with some really good prices.
storming.jpg
(Credit: Darin Oswald)

Attachments

• storming.jpg
    storming.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 399
The luxury fragrance company Le Labo will be opening at 876 Queen St W

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M6J 1G3

Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 16 261479 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Dec 21, 2016

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing ground floor retail unit for new tenant - "Le Labo Inc"

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=4073696

It's sad to see unique stores with character close down in this city and yet, so many corporate chains opening up.

It's sad to see unique stores with character close down in this city and yet, so many corporate chains opening up.

I like corporate chains, so I'm happy with that part. As for this store, it isn't being lost due to a corporate retail chain, so I don't see a connection.

There is signage on the front and back of the old No Frills store on Coxwell saying "Construction Starting Soon" and there's also a rendering but its hard to tell if its the same size or an expanded store.

Kennedy Commons restaurant update - Jollibee taking 3,731 SF…..former Mr Greek building, and Nando’s taking the other half of building at 3,397.

Back