News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
It addressed the street more than the store; so it was more like a high-minded "tenant"...

New Sobey's coming together at College Park

sobeys.jpg

I didn't realize there was a Sobey's going there. How big will it be?

The Nike shop on Queen St. W has closed.

I also have read that Adam & Eve Chocolatiers have closed. Which makes me sad!

Hero is also going into the prime corner spot at Bayview and York Mills. I have no idea how they will ever pay the rents that the plaza demands...but we shall see.

The Nike shop on Queen St. W has closed.

Any idea what's going into the Nike location or is it just for lease now ?

Nike closed there Y&E locatoin a while back as well - which for those curious has turned over 3 times since :) and is currently (just recently) occupied by Reitmans (which moved from Y&E center) ... seems odd to me.
Anyway Nike never seem to do well outside of malls for the most part.

Hero is also going into the prime corner spot at Bayview and York Mills. I have no idea how they will ever pay the rents that the plaza demands...but we shall see.

Why are rents so high there anyway ? Is there a lot of demand it seems like an OK location - I used to drive by it daily about 6 months ago. It's typically pretty busy but I mean nothing really sets it appart from many other similiar intersections and plazas in the city (other then the area) - but it's not as if it's really high end anyway.

Nike closed there Y&E locatoin a while back as well - which for those curious has turned over 3 times since :) and is currently (just recently) occupied by Reitmans (which moved from Y&E center) ... seems odd to me.

No lease signs up. Just brown papered windows right now.

Actually, it's Fairweather that was at Y-E Centre, and has moved into Nike's old spot. This location, and maybe others, sells men's clothing too (clothing from other International Clothier chains like Brogue or Stockhomme).

I live across the road from there and honestly can't say I've ever seen anyone going in, despite the fact that there's a store selling dope next to it.

Meh, maybe we'll get another Hero burger there! Wouldn't that be grand.

Long time Yonge St. retailer 'Monster Records' has a sign up saying they're closing

From the website :)

The past couple of years have seen a lot of change in this neighbourhood. It’s not the same place it was in 1997, mostly, due to the constant dismantling of the downtown core for condos that have yet to materialize… and when a couple of incredible opportunities presented themselves recently, I knew it was time to move on.

Directly across the street there is a site with a planning application by SmartCentres posted. It may not be a Walmart, but based on the site plan (shows large superstore-type building), and the applicant, it makes sense.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8...636,-79.585235&spn=0.002796,0.004823&t=h&z=18

Ah, where the Harvey's is.. I know the area..

Makes sense though, since there's already a Future Shop and Dollarama there - so it would make a good mini-plaza.

Back