I'm sure there'll be a mechanical floor in there as well, making the total 70 stories.

^beaten like a red-headed step child. Should've refreshed.

Christmas comes early this year.

so the set height is 70? i hate how the height has seemingly been bouncing around the past couple of months. i have to say i was really hoping for a supertall on this site :( but this is good too

In all the renders I've seen, (thanx traynor) of Uptown area, this tower will dwarf everything including 4 Seasons so I think the height is just about right, any taller and you would greatly diminish the scale of everything else up there. Look at shots of the world trade center, it makes great towers, like 750 ft Woolworths, look impotent.

If this project, is anything like the renders , the haters will have to find something else to do with their time. This will kick sum serious butt.

In practical terms, yes. But 70 floors has always been a breakpoint for tall buildings to me, saying that "this building is REALLY tall". Irrational, I know, but I do hope that One Bloor is officially 70 storeys.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 299436 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Nov 30, 2010

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - Permit to construct new mixed use building - containing commercial residential - 2 floors commercial (with p1 level commercial concourse) 67 Residential storeies - 732 residential units - 6 levels below grade parking. - 531 parking spaces - 52 Visitor and 479 residential

It's hard to read but it would appear that one of the underground levels (P1) is also one of the commercial levels. That would mean the tower would be 68 floors.

It's utterly amazing how we can't get a straight answer on this tower.

Dios Mio 2 floors makes essentially no difference in terms of impact on the skyline, especially a skyline where nothing in the immediate vicinity even comes close to it.

Back