I think I read that article somewhere (The Star?), they did add already if I read it correctly. The podium is five floors and the tower is now 70 floors which equals 75 floors.
The tower was 65 stories total. The 5 extra brings it to 70 total. When they say podium + stories, they are a total number, not one number plus another. The podium is a part of a building, not a separate part.
Off topic but I must register my anger. WTF is Doug Ford doing there? It's not his ward, he is NOT the Mayor. GTFO!

/rant.

The only reason I can think of that Doug Ford was there, was because he was standing in for Rob Ford.

The only reason I can think of that Doug Ford was there, was because he was standing in for Rob Ford.
...and I think a lot of folks have a problem with that. Toronto is not some sort of monarchy. The fact Rob shares DNA with Doug doesn't mean his mayoral chain of office is somehow transferable to him.

Rob can't make it? Send Holyday, as his duly-designated deputy. Holyday can't make it? Send any other duly-appointed member of the executive committee as the mayor's rep. Or even send Nunziata, as Speaker of the Council, as was done for the Pride flag-raising.

The blood-based delegation of responsibilities, even ceremonial ones, is an embarassment in a democratically-run city.

I think I read that article somewhere (The Star?), they did add already if I read it correctly. The podium is five floors and the tower is now 70 floors which equals 75 floors.

Just to be clear - it's 70 storyes total, with the 6-storey podium worked into that number. There are two mechanical floors above the 70th floor penthouse, as reported by Batman a couple of months ago. We do not include mechanical floors in the total that we record in thread titles.

Thank you to several persons who have posted various comments which contribute to this thread. Not so much to those who can't resist the oh-so-tempting temptation (woops) to once again take shots at the Fords. It actually still continues to wear a bit thin, not to mention that The Star already has dibs on that tiresome tiresomeness (woops again, tiresome repetition is now clearly in style).

As for One Bloor, it would be interesting if another five storeys were actually to be added on. 75 is a nice round number. I don't suppose there would be any chance of starting a little competition with Aura for the "tallest on Yonge Street" title?

As for One Bloor, it would be interesting if another five storeys were actually to be added on. 75 is a nice round number. I don't suppose there would be any chance of starting a little competition with Aura for the "tallest on Yonge Street" title?

I think it's a little late for that. they actually had the additional height approved when they bought it but they chose to go shorter. Theoretically speaking they could still add 5 more floors or so but they won't because it would screw up their balcony stylings and because they are wankers.

I think it's a little late for that. they actually had the additional height approved when they bought it but they chose to go shorter. Theoretically speaking they could still add 5 more floors or so but they won't because it would screw up their balcony stylings and because they are wankers.

Not necessarily, Aura just put in a request for 3 more floors. Would it really be that difficult to integrate the additional height into the curvature of the balconies?

Just to be clear - it's 70 storyes total, with the 6-storey podium worked into that number. There are two mechanical floors above the 70th floor penthouse, as reported by Batman a couple of months ago. We do not include mechanical floors in the total that we record in thread titles.

I thought this one was 69 occupied floors with the mechanical being the 70th, as noted here;

As was posted in this thread 6 months ago:

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=2760242

Application: New Building Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 299436 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Nov 19, 2010

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: Permit to construct new mixed use building - containing commercial residential - 2 floors commercial (with p1 level commercial concourse) 67 Residential storeies - 732 residential units - 6 levels below grade parking. - 531 parking spaces - 52 Visitor and 479 residential

So that's 2 retail, 67 residential and presumably 1 mechanical; i.e. 70 floors.

Last edited:
Thank you to several persons who have posted various comments which contribute to this thread. Not so much to those who can't resist the oh-so-tempting temptation (woops) to once again take shots at the Fords. It actually still continues to wear a bit thin, not to mention that The Star already has dibs on that tiresome tiresomeness (woops again, tiresome repetition is now clearly in style).

Taking shots at the Fords will not wear thin until those bozos have been removed from the Mayors office.

Platform 27 is dead on with his assessment of why it is asinine to have had Doug Ford show up at this event. It is fair comment to question why Ford was there.

They're even sharing the same office now? Oooo, the optics are not good on that one.

I can assure you that this sort of thing doesn't just happen at City Hall. I've witnessed it over the years and my brother worked at a software company some years ago where the owner brought in all his family and put them in positions like project and department managers. Most of them didn't have any experience in software, business or IT at all.

Last edited:
Still isn't right

I can assure you that this sort of thing doesn't just happen at City Hall. I've witnessed it over the years and my brother worked at a software company some years ago where the owner brought in all his family and put them in positions like project and department managers. Most of them didn't have any experience in software, business or IT at all.

Yes, I know...but I think it's much worse when it's happenning with a public corporation...he didn't earn the right to be there, and I (and others) have a right to be pissed about it...who the hell does he think he is!

Sooo? Then were all agreed then, it's total height is 70?

Yes, I know...but I think it's much worse when it's happenning with a public corporation...he didn't earn the right to be there, and I (and others) have a right to be pissed about it...who the hell does he think he is!

i thought DF ran and won for councillor?
or did you mean why was DF at the ground-breaking and not RF?

perhaps it was just a little too close to the gay village for his liking.

Back