i thought DF ran and won for councillor?
or did you mean why was DF at the ground-breaking and not RF?

I'm annoyed that Doug Ford seems to have the unofficial Deputy Mayor function, when in fact he was only elected as a councillor for Etobicoke. Standing in for Rob in a downtown ward is another sign of creeping nepotism and further diminishes the credibility of our floundering city government.

I have already stated how many storeys there are here: it's 70 (including the podium), with two mechanical levels above that. How much plainer can I be?!

I have already stated how many storeys there are here: it's 70 (including the podium), with two mechanical levels above that. How much plainer can I be?!

Not that one floor makes much of a difference but we were just trying to make sense of this report; http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=2760242
2 floors commercial & 67 residential = 69

Obviously UT is not one to provide faulty information so I will assume that the "(with p1 level commercial concourse)" is referring to the ground floor and this would account for the additional floor. The report is strangely worded and lacks clarity.

There is no need for theatrics, I was simply requesting clarification when it appeared that the report was indication 69 floors. I do apologize for not clearly stating that this was my intent.

Last edited:
Hmmm, well I'm wondering why the sloping mechanical lantern has turned into a gigantic box like 'X'. Maybe they just haven't incorporated it into the video.

Hmmm, well I'm wondering why the sloping mechanical lantern has turned into a gigantic box like 'X'. Maybe they just haven't incorporated it into the video.

Good catch. I hope they haven't scrapped the slope. It is an eye-catching part of the design.

I noticed this too. I'm keeping my fingers cross that it's just the way the computer presentation was done.

Ya, I noticed that immediately. I actually don't like the roof the way it's proposed, but I really don't like the box on top either.

Back