It's been a long time rumor that this one might see another height increase. Will the developers return to the Committee of Adjustments and emerge triumphant or will they do some minor reconfigurations to the building's design to take advantage of additional height allowed under existing zoning. The most likely scenario is they stay pat at 75 and building this tower.

It's been a long time rumor that this one might see another height increase. Will the developers return to the Committee of Adjustments and emerge triumphant or will they do some minor reconfigurations to the building's design to take advantage of additional height allowed under existing zoning. The most likely scenario is they stay pat at 75 and building this tower.

I have a vague memory thata significantly taller height was already approved for this site in the former plan that went bust. I may be wrong about that.

The last time they went to the C of A to boost the tower up to 75 storeys was so that they could get the permitted density increased. This plan has a larger floor plate than the Bazis plan did, so they had essentially maxed out their density at 70 storeys.

The rumours of another increase would be better described as wishful thinking on the part of skyscraper fanboys. They have essentially been fuelled by the fact that, yes, the building is already allowed to go higher than they are going, but the minor reconfigurations to the building's design that you are hoping would be enough for it to take advantage of the additional height allowed just aren't there to be made. The units are sold and the floor plate is decided upon. Any further increase in height would have to come from the C of A granting more density.

Finally, to re-emphasize this, it's not Great Gulf that has been fuelling rumours of another increase.

i would not be surprised if they tried to apply for another 5 stories to go for 80

The last time they went to the C of A to boost the tower up to 75 storeys was so that they could get the permitted density increased. This plan has a larger floor plate than the Bazis plan did, so they had essentially maxed out their density at 70 storeys.

The rumours of another increase would be better described as wishful thinking on the part of skyscraper fanboys. They have essentially been fuelled by the fact that, yes, the building is already allowed to go higher than they are going, but the minor reconfigurations to the building's design that you are hoping would be enough for it to take advantage of the additional height allowed just aren't there to be made. The units are sold and the floor plate is decided upon. Any further increase in height would have to come from the C of A granting more density.

Finally, to re-emphasize this, it's not Great Gulf that has been fuelling rumours of another increase.

Do you know the height as it currently stands?

I don't, sorry. Remind me again in the new year if we don't have the answer before then!

No, it's just white tarp covering up the rebar.
I took another look today and you are right. I was referring to the southern section that had the gravel spread out. Seems they have covered it up with gray colored forms that looked like concrete. I would have thought they pour directly on the gravel.

Photo from today

Workers on site today doing something. Most likely getting ready for the big pour :)
IMG_0012.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 420

Back