Honestly, I think it's dragging along. I'm no expert as to why, but it's definitely taking longer than the other floors have.

On the south half of the third floor it's all poured and they're putting up walls and forms to start on the fourth floor (maybe in a week or so they'll start laying rebar for the fourth)

On the north half of the third floor however they haven't even laid rebar across the whole floor yet and nothing is poured.

Since they're moving on this so early, I'm thinking they might populate the retail component of the podium while the tower's still under construction.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 262246 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Nov 7, 2013

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations for pedestrian connection between 33 Bloor & 1 Bloor. Scope of work includes temporary hoarding - "Xerox Xentre". Convienence address is 33 Bloor St E.

You've said this before. And, like before, have no base on which to make this prediction.

There's a world of reasons to believe 1 Bloor will look better than Aura on the basis of the developers alone. Compare and contrast previous projects completed by Canderel Stoneridge and Great Gulf. There's no comparison: Residences of College Park and Aura v. The Morgan, 18 Yorkville, Charlie, The Hudson ... The past may not determine the future but if the past holds to form 1 Bloor will blow Aura out of the water. Great Gulf executes on the vision. Canderel Stoneridge does not.

Last edited:
Great Gulf has an excellent track record. I'd prefer them to build even bolder architecture, but this tower should be striking and well executed.

So I take it they've come a long way from the low end crappy residential builder they once were?

They have built several quality buildings over the years.

Charlie, X, Hudson, 18 yorkville.. I'd say they have a pretty good track record. However, I do know an owner at X that hates them for whatever reason.

There's a world of reasons to believe 1 Bloor will look better than Aura on the basis of the developers alone. Compare and contrast previous projects completed by Canderel Stoneridge and Great Gulf. There's no comparison: Residences of College Park and Aura v. The Morgan, 18 Yorkville, Charlie, The Hudson ... The past may not determine the future but if the past holds to form 1 Bloor will blow Aura out of the water. Great Gulf executes on the vision. Canderel Stoneridge does not.

I was replying to a post that said this was going to be bad.

Obviously you don't know much about Toronto developers - Great Gulf is definitely one of the better ones - quality projects.

Obviously you have no understanding of history. Before the recent hi rise mania, and back when all these builders were simple sub division developers, Great Gulf was always considered by those in the industry as one of the worst. Their focus was always price and their product was garbage. Hence my comment.

Obviously you have no understanding of history. Before the recent hi rise mania, and back when all these builders were simple sub division developers, Great Gulf was always considered by those in the industry as one of the worst. Their focus was always price and their product was garbage. Hence my comment.

That is absolutely untrue....over the 20+ years that I have worked in the industry, I have never had anyone say to me that they were unhappy with their purchase of a Great Gulf new home....in fact there are many folks out there - and quite a few known to me personally - who are so loyal to the brand in that they seek out Great Gulf specifically for their next purchase...you don't know what you are talking about....

/btw I have no affiliation direct or indirect with Great Gulf

9 November 2013: I love the dark slate blue of this E class--maybe do a condo spandrel panel in this shade of blue?
7wju.jpg

2tjy.jpg

it is a really nice color and I like it but I think it will b very doomy and gloomy for a building.

Back