I actually don't want apple here ... though for very indirect reasons ... so I find apple's stores, on the interior are generally boring / nothing special, the exteriors are what they do best. To me this means I'd love for them to build their own standalone location, as opposed to just fitting into the retail spaces at the base, it wouldn't be much different then a apple at a mall.

I actually don't want apple here ... though for very indirect reasons ... so I find apple's stores, on the interior are generally boring / nothing special, the exteriors are what they do best. To me this means I'd love for them to build their own standalone location, as opposed to just fitting into the retail spaces at the base, it wouldn't be much different then a apple at a mall.

Why do people here only talk Apple stores:confused:...........i wouldn't mind some other tech company setting up shop here.

Google Eyes First U.S. Retail Location Near NYC Apple Store....http://mashable.com/2014/03/12/google-retail-store-new-york/
While Apple has long had its own chain, other tech companies are quickly growing their retail divisions. Microsoft already has 63 locations and Samsung plans to launch 60 in Europe this year.

What about a Crate & Barrel here? Is there even one downtown yet? Lots of condos nearby needing housewares and furniture!

What about a Crate & Barrel here? Is there even one downtown yet? Lots of condos nearby needing housewares and furniture!

Maybe Crate and Barrel is too suburban (hence we have CB2 downtown). Would be nice to get a Muji at that spot.

Agree with taal that it would be far nicer to have a standalone Apple store with proper Apple architecture.

AoD

Maybe Crate and Barrel is too suburban (hence we have CB2 downtown). Would be nice to get a Muji at that spot.

AoD

There are several in Manhattan, one at 57th as i recall... which I think would be a similar sort of location to Yonge/Bloor. I'm not familiar with Muji, is it a department store?

Man, I'd love to be the lucky tenant to score this corner! Apple would have to be out of their tree (pardon the pun) to not fight for this spot. Any word on how many tenants can fit in the retail space or can one large one take the whole thing? Simons? I can only dream

retail space is divided into 5 or so (2 floor retail units) and another 5 or so smaller retail units on ground floor, so could be around 10 or more different retail stores ranging from (300 ft2 -10,000 ft2). Unless a tenant ends up purchasing multiple retail units.

This shot clearly shows that the Holt's Centre site needs to get redeveloped...vertical density with a well-integrated retail podium beneath.

right on!. A multi-levelled shopping centre would be awesome.
Time Warner Centre:
columbia-circle.jpg

https://www.meuguianovayork.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/columbia-circle.jpg

Holy Podium, Batman!

Now that's the way to do a tower base.

Completely agree. What an eye catcher. I don't see a podium competing with this any time soon. The next best podium I've seen is Hullmark Centre.

retail space is divided into 5 or so (2 floor retail units) and another 5 or so smaller retail units on ground floor, so could be around 10 or more different retail stores ranging from (300 ft2 -10,000 ft2).

Bank, Pharmacy, Dentist, Dry-cleaner, Convenience store with some groceries, Hair salon, Subway, ... Wash, Rinse, Repeat ;)

With very high ceilings on the first and second floors, they're not looking for dentist, convenience stores, or a Subway. There are always high-end retailers looking for spots on Bloor and not finding what they want. Some of them could end up here.

Back