There are several in Manhattan, one at 57th as i recall... which I think would be a similar sort of location to Yonge/Bloor. I'm not familiar with Muji, is it a department store?

I've been to muji. It's definitely a good clothing store. But I don't know how good it would be in canada. I've been at a flagship one in Tokyo with 9 floors of retail or so and then a couple others in Bangkok. I found the ones in Thailand don't have near the selection of of the one in Tokyo. Also the prices were in Thailand were much more costly then Japan. So I can imagine it would be the same here, less selection and more expensive. But then again I was in a flagship store in japan so obviously they'd have them best collection and also Thailand has a high import fee on out of country products, so could be better here.

rtXTk0Q.jpg

Let's hope they used a good glass supplier. :)

Now that they've started the tower can anyone tell me if they will be finishing and perhaps opening any of the retail space before they actually top off the building? I live across the street and the stores in the Bay centre are dropping like flies. There must be close to 20,000 square feet of empty retail space here (including the old Plaza cinemas). It would be nice to have more retail variety in the area.

Now that they've started the tower can anyone tell me if they will be finishing and perhaps opening any of the retail space before they actually top off the building? I live across the street and the stores in the Bay centre are dropping like flies. There must be close to 20,000 square feet of empty retail space here (including the old Plaza cinemas). It would be nice to have more retail variety in the area.

That retail space under the Hudson Bay has never been very attractive. Low dark ceilings and not inviting. Hopefully the 1 Bloor East retail space will open early like the retail under Aura.

Retail in the Hudson Bay Centre has always been terrible, from the day it opened. It needed a renovation 10 years ago. The ceilings are way too low and the whole mall, is just a disaster. It needs a complete change. Hopefully, 1 Bloor East might spur some action there.

A bunch more glass has been installed along the west side, and the track is down along the north elevation so I assume cladding installation is now in full swing. And no curves in the windowwall so far, but some of the track is curved so that would indicate to me that there are at least curved frames coming soon.

I'm 99.9% sure retail will open (or at least start to be occupied) before the tower tops off, I would estimate the earliest they will be occupied would be when the tower gets up to around 42nd-44th Floor. And the low lift elevators are installed.

I would take a guess they may be around 44th floor construction around Nov./Dec. possibly as they should be getting 3-4 day cycles on the floors.

Just spoke to my friend who walked by the site today. He made a comment how they are opening both northbound lines on Yonge for traffic.

Good! Because currently they have an entrance for materials on Yonge, Bloor and Hayden.

I wonder if they will be taking down the 2nd crane now that the podium is built. Surely it can't do much to help out on the main tower once it reaches 20+ stories.

Back