Based on the renders and leasing brochure, a floor (likely in steel) will be inserted to split that 2 storey volume on the corner.

That would be correct, original drawings had a concrete floor mid level (@2nd Floor) between the ground and 3rd floor, it was replaced with a future installed steel/deck floor.

It's excessive today, but massive public atriums were the norm in the 80s and 90s in all sorts of buildings: Atrium on Bay, the Canadian Broadcasting Centre and Scotia Plaza, for instance.

We thinks you don't like One Bloor, got it right. Are we right in that assumption?

Not sure if like is the right word. I suspect that the renderings are going to outperform the finished product by a long shot. I was also hoping for something far more dramatic and interesting for that corner. I hope in this case I got It wrong. Like I said 4 months ago, lets take a look in July.

Not sure if like is the right word. I suspect that the renderings are going to outperform the finished product by a long shot. I was also hoping for something far more dramatic and interesting for that corner. I hope in this case I got It wrong. Like I said 4 months ago, lets take a look in July.

This isn't dramatic enough for you? Really??

Will there be a digital billboard at the yonge and bloor corner? I can't remember where I came across the application for it. It seems like such overkill but we'll see...

This isn't dramatic enough for you? Really??

Scotia Plaza which is almost 20 years old is still the best looking HR building in the city. You would think by now we would have seen something as good or better. One Bloor is a square tower with balconies...not very exciting....if it turns out like the renderings it will be ok. Could have done so much better.

Back