Two pics from today Friday the 13th (apologies for the reflections.)

photo%25201.JPG

photo%25202.JPG

Interesting in Hawc's first photo above that even in the mostly hidden-from-public-view back of One Bloor, that curved glass is being used here too, at least for the tight turn on the top podium floor. Meanwhile for the wider turns below, it's pane by pane, which should still make for some interesting space behind them.

Here's the detail from Hawc's photo:
photo 1.jpg

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,990
Soon that Stollery's building is going to be the odd one out.

I wouldn't worry, with all the construction going on around it, it's only a matter of time before it's sold, demolished, and rebuilt, I'm guessing at least 600ft, but probably higher, call it a hunch. The property is far to valuable to remain a small clothing store, besides, who's to say they couldn't reopen at the base of a shiny new tower? :cool:

Keep your eyes out for more curved glass to go up in the coming days. Was just working at the Starbucks at Yonge and Wellington, and saw a flatbed truck pass by full of curved sections destined for One Bloor! :)

This is the quality of glazing that the city should hold developers to. High end project or not, even on cheaper buildings there's no excuse for glazing travesties like 300 Front to happen. If we're going to continue to allow all glass buildings to be constructed, this is what they should look like.

Updates from today.

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4715.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4714.jpg
    IMG_4714.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,283
  • IMG_4715.jpg
    IMG_4715.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,279
DSC01830.jpg

DSC01831.jpg

DSC01832.jpg

DSC01833.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01830.jpg
    DSC01830.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,241
  • DSC01831.jpg
    DSC01831.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,337
  • DSC01832.jpg
    DSC01832.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,239
  • DSC01833.jpg
    DSC01833.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,243
Great balcony views for parades. Great update. Thanks Benito.

This is an interesting photo as it appears that while all of the wall forms have been lifted to the new floor, a number of them are only approximately placed, revealing another stage of the construction process that I am not sure we have seen before.

It's no different than any manufacturing environment during a changeover/end of day pause. I look at construction the same way I look at building a product--a car, a phone, furniture--an assembly line process. It's no different than when I sketch out building designs--I think of ease of assembly as being #1 priority next to aesthetics and cost.

This is an interesting photo as it appears that while all of the wall forms have been lifted to the new floor, a number of them are only approximately placed, revealing another stage of the construction process that I am not sure we have seen before.

Yes this was late on Saturday and it was time to call it a day.

It's interesting how they do this. I watch daily from across the street. (Hope to have a camera soon so I can provide pics). They put the forms up but leave a space between them. Then they insert the rebar mesh (they come already assembled). Once in place, they snug up the forms, secure them and then pour. Quite fascinating, and quick.

Back