They've really cleaned up the west side of the site. I wonder if they're planning to start the ground floor glazing

Yeah, I noticed that too. It'd be really great if they took down the hoarding after doing so, just like they did at Aura.

Maybe they're trying to get the space cleaned up enough to move the hoarding back onto the sidewalk and get that lane of Yonge Street reopened.

Aura had a temporary protective canopy installed for that purpose though.

Yep, no, I know. I'm not sure whether they could do that here or not. But I just like it when hoarding is taken down in general. If there were safety measures they could take here that would replace the hoarding, I'd say do it.

On a cold Sunday morning, Bloor West Village feels like a boring slightly more vibrant Uptown Waterloo. So I started wondering: is One Bloor East & West really the most important intersection in the nation?
KSw0oQj.jpg

For many of us, Bloor and Runnymede is the most important.:)

Hahaha, now i know how these guys get up there...

Toronto men arrested for alleged “roof-toppingâ€
Police say the three men were caught taking photos on an off-limits observation deck at a downtown building.

Police say the three men were found taking pictures on a rooftop observation deck, which was off-limits to the public.
Police also say locks were forced open or broken in order for the accused to get onto the deck. Tools that aided in the break-in were found on the men, according to police.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/02/03/toronto-men-arrested-for-alleged-roof-topping.html

what is taking them so long to install glass on the balconies?

Last edited:
indeed, not only are the balconies not progressing on the tower. They are not even done on the podium. fitting issues?

what is taking them so long to install glass on the balconies?

I agree it's taking too long, although not unheard of in high-rise construction. Perhaps the reason being shipment delays, or the fact that there is no real reason to install the brand new balcony glazing because completion/occupancy is still many months away. By installing them while construction is still ongoing exposes the glass to the elements (including potential damage from construction above) and getting dirty. FIVE condos for example is only now installing it's balcony glass.

fitting issues and or weather are good enough reasons, it is winter. Or maybe they just werent happy with it and had to rethink it. It is February.

It's fitting issues. Same thing the supplier had at Ice, and Clear Spirits, and Gooderham. They can sort of make straight runs work, but can't manage corners or spots where the railings need to tie into something else. I imagine you'll see the same thing happening at Five (same supplier), where they have to leave out all the end pieces until they can site-measure the openings and engineer something that will pass inspection.

Back