image.jpeg
Yonge Street sidewalk freshly poured now.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,539
Re: topping off.
While the mechanical box might finish within the next level or so, height wise, this won't officially reach its full height until the steel fins are installed.

Great photos across the board everyone!

Is that just a concrete underlayer they poured, or are we actually getting concrete sidewalks along Yonge?

Re: topping off.
While the mechanical box might finish within the next level or so, height wise, this won't officially reach its full height until the steel fins are installed.

Great photos across the board everyone!

Fins? What Fins?

Is that just a concrete underlayer they poured, or are we actually getting concrete sidewalks along Yonge?

Yes, it's a concert underlayer. If you walk under the relocated hoarding now, you'll see that you're walking on the new granite sidewalk.

Fins? What Fins?

I presume they are talking about the glazing that will go above the parapet. Which will certainly be steel (with the glazing system attached), to answer the question above, in order to provide the necessary resistance to wind loading.

I know! What's with all these sheeple and their desire to purchase and use computers and the internet? Why, if I had my druthers, forum members would only be allowed to submit comments by snail mail and fax!

That would have a dramatic change on the dynamic UT. Would surely force members to be more thoughtful with their posts :)

Our first story from our trip into One Bloor yesterday is now up on the front page here. If you have any more questions about it, ask away. Meanwhile, you're no doubt going to be seeing shots from the retail spaces that didn't make it into the front page story, like this one…

DSC07500.jpg

which just looks through those spider connectors to the outside world. As you'll read in the story, that's more than a 40 foot high space you're looking at there. In fact, it's more like

Attachments

• DSC07500.jpg
    DSC07500.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 667
A few more shots from yesterday...this first one is from the second level overlooking the ground floor retail facing west. You can see Hue's Kitchen has been wrapped up. The second and third shots show the southwest corner of the ground floor.

DSC_0477.JPG

DSC_0619.JPG
DSC_0621.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0477.JPG
    DSC_0477.JPG
    665.1 KB · Views: 634
  • DSC_0619.JPG
    DSC_0619.JPG
    409 KB · Views: 618
  • DSC_0621.JPG
    DSC_0621.JPG
    423.1 KB · Views: 639
Nice! Great pics guys, looks like the space will be amazing, especially when all the yorkville projects have progressed more. Will be a really nice place to watch the city outside from.

I didn't realize an Apple flagship store is opening here next year.

Definitely not Apple. They would want full control over the façade which as is already being built is not to Apple spec. It wouldn't make much sense to build the podium facade then tear it down to build an Apple Store façade. Apple Stores do not use those types of mounting brackets nor do they use that many panels. Their façades are as seamless as possible with large glass panels.

I'm really growing impatient. How much longer can Apple ignore such a prime market? I just returned from Montreal and there they have a proper Apple Store on Saint Catherine, the city's main shopping destination. Yorkville isn't complete without the biggest retail brand.

Apple is expected (although not publicly declared) at 1 Bloor West, not East.

Back