The Bazis proposal was a much better design. It had a larger podium, retail space, acthitecturally more stunning, and had decent height (953 feet).

I beg to differ ... Bazis proposal looked terrible! If GG's proposal is a glorified box, Bazis plan was simply a plain BOX with its silly balconies (Lianis?) ... Bazis' plan was a ugly box with silly FINS on top !

GG's current plan contains a similar amount of retail space as Bazis last plan, and the new podium ties in nicely with the curves of the tower above ... I only thing that I miss is the height and Kolter's theatre proposal

man, bloor one together with the Cumberland terrace redevelopment and the recently completed CASA tower, the street scape of Bloor-Yonge will be changed forever.

One Bloor doing brisk business on Saturday

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

That presentation area looks pretty hack! (but cool nonetheless!).. Nice to see cars parked there! A sign of progress thats for sure!

Can we expect a groundbreaking in fall perhaps? (if all goes well)

One Bloor doing brisk business on Saturday

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

In case you did not know, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday were the days for 'Exclusive V.I.P. Agents' to bring their clients -- or the lambs, as I would describe them -- for signing the purchase agreements.

Looks like my source was accurate--according to http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/realestate/article/803857--new-condo-sales-hit-record-in-gta

"In the next few weeks developer David Gerofsky plans to open sales of his Toronto condominium project to the general public.

The problem is, he’s already sold 75 per cent of the building’s 616 suites.

Gerofksy, president of developer Great Gulf Group of Companies, is the man behind the insanely popular One Bloor project. He started selling suites to former buyers of the original project at the beginning of April. Select agents got a crack in the second round; the general public gets to finally take a peek this month.

In other words, if One Bloor were a nightclub, the line-ups would be around the block. And Gerofsky would be the guy at the velvet rope.

“There has been a really fantastic response. It’s the best we could hope for,” said Gerofksy in an interview Monday."

Mods, not certain if this news belongs here or in the real estate section. I think in the past we talked about per cent sold in P&C, so I'm keeping this news here. Especially since it means construction will be starting sooner....

If that sales figure is accurate (I have my doubts, it's awfully close to the industry standard "70% sold" figure), then I would guess that there is a very good chance that the height of One Bloor will be increased. An extra 15 storeys, which sounds reasonable to me, would take the building to 80 storeys. Which would result in a building close to the final Bazis design in height, but with a superior design (in my opinion). Sounds good to me.

I think they have approval for the current height so to go back and add more floors means a long delay which I wonder if they will be willing to do.

I think they have approval for the current height so to go back and add more floors means a long delay which I wonder if they will be willing to do.

The developer has already been quoted as saying that the building might increase in height if the demand is there.

The developer has already been quoted as saying that the building might increase in height if the demand is there.

GG is not a company known for risk taking. Purchasing this site was a no brainer - eliminate the hotel component and reduce the height - all measures to further reduce their risk. Remember GG is a Canadian company and Canadian companies don’t take risks. I'll eat my hat if they increase the height – cheap, simple and quick, that's their modus operandi.

GG is not a company known for risk taking. Purchasing this site was a no brainer - eliminate the hotel component and reduce the height - all measures to further reduce their risk. Remember GG is a Canadian company and Canadian companies don’t take risks. I'll eat my hat if they increase the height – cheap, simple and quick, that's their modus operandi.

Well, they just increased the height at X2, didn't they?

Back