Though I don't mind the rather Erickson-esque spin on "white, modern and concrete" in that condo downhill where Brule Terrace feeds into Bloor...

A couple of questions for Tridelwebmaster:

- Wasn't the original plan to align Riverview Gardens with the South Kingsway?
- Will the second proposed building east of Riverview Gardens have the same architecture?
- Will the currently existing apartment building be demolished?
- Will these buildings have retail at grade?

1. From planning: "We are targeting to have the land exchange/road work permit for the 1st Quarter in 2011."
2. The second building (Two Old Mill) will have similar architecture compared to One Old Mill
3. The existing "office building" on the One Old Mill site will be demolished.
4. One Old Mill will have approx. 9000sf of retail

Last edited:
It hides behind trees and shrubs well ;-)

And if only one could say the same about the retro-schlock condotecture one block uphill;-)

(Besides, what could be more inherently Ericksonesque than deftly integrating white/modern/concrete into greenery?)

1. I have to check with planning on the status of the application with the city on the street issues.
2. The second building (Two Old Mill) will have similar architecture compared to One Old Mill
3. The existing "office building" on the One Old Mill site will be demolished.
4. One Old Mill will have approx. 9000sf of retail

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Proving that they are keeping up with the times and technology, Tridel is going to implement a green roof at One Old Mill which captures rain water to redistribute to the greenery on the grounds. Not only that, they have a solar thermal panel “farm” area which will help out with the utilities for the building and ultimately drive down the maintenance fees for energy consumption in the common areas. How amazing is that!

Dropping something white, modern and concrete in the middle of an area which is characterised by 1920's mock Tudor (brick and stucco) is disruptive. If Tridel wants to build something large, white, modern and concrete, why not put it in one of the 100's of other areas of the city that do not have a distinct 1920's/30's character? - that leaves almost all of the rest of the city for them to choose from...

I don't care for the architecture, but the location is hardly in the "middle" of BWV. The level of foot traffic east of Jane is markedly higher than in this location.

My main problem is still the scale of this building though.

I'm disappointed with the lack of scale given its proximity to the subway.

Grand Opening is for early November. Registrants will have and earlier opportunity end of October.

I don't care for the architecture, but the location is hardly in the "middle" of BWV. The level of foot traffic east of Jane is markedly higher than in this location.

The mock tudor's etc that I had in mind are in the streets west, north and south of this site. There are some really fabulous examples of arts and crafts style buildings in the streets nearby, esp. to the south - I particularly like one currently for sale on Riverside Dr., but unfortunately the $2.3 million price-tag is a tad pricey for mere mortals. There are a number of condo buildings on the same side of Bloor, going down the hill (and therefore to the west of 2500 Bloor W) which are Home Smith style, but I am not sure when/who designed them. I wish the architects had taken a stroll around the area...

There are a number of condo buildings on the same side of Bloor, going down the hill (and therefore to the west of 2500 Bloor W) which are Home Smith style, but I am not sure when/who designed them. I wish the architects had taken a stroll around the area...

AFAIK the only thing relatively recent in the nabe which can pass for "Home Smith style" is the Old Mill Inn & Spa.

Back