You want to find a washroom on the line? Sorry, there aren't any until you get to Finch, and I think we are having signal problems at Davisville. Good luck!

AoD

This slide best summarizes the entire process:

View attachment 42076

"I'm thinking an orange line from here to here..."

Putting my awesome graphic design skills to work:

kV1N3L9.png

From the presentation, it look like it's been decided that subway is the appropriate mode for the corridor. Prior to this, they were ambiguous about what was the appropriate mode.

Oh my gosh lmao. Please do share it with him. Hopefully he can take a joke ;)

And just 5 minutes ago I was wondering what that guy in the image would think if he saw it at the DRL public meetings.

Oh my gosh lmao. Please do share it with him. Hopefully he can take a joke ;)

And just 5 minutes ago I was wondering what that guy in the image would think if he saw it at the DRL public meetings.

He (and my roommate) were asked to be part of a photoshoot for the DRL meeting materials. They knew they were going to be in all of the material.

I'll definitely show him it, as I find it hilarious.

:D We’ve come a long way to get here. I was hoping for a bit more info, but this is pretty tantalizing and discussion-worthy. I guess the ‘potential corridors and stations’ presentations won’t be til June, and according to the image and link below, over that time Metrolinx’s Yonge Relief Network Study should’ve presented their ‘preferred solution and phasing’. Although approached from a regional context, Metrolinx’s study will undoubtedly overlap with the TTC/City’s Relief Project Assessment. I can't imagine that it won't.

YRNS_Timelines_EN-850x253.jpg

http://regionalrelief.ca/metrolinx/whats-happening

I hope by summer Metrolinx and TTC decide to formally combine both projects, and present to the public a Relief line from at least Eglinton. Or subsequently delay their studies further in order to merge work. As it stands, a line from B/D to Y/US is only a fraction of what’s needed, and IMO it’s kinda bullshit to tackle the RL in piecemeal...particularly with larger projects like Yonge North and the Scarboro Subway (which are arguably of considerably lesser necessity) taking priority.

Attachments

• YRNS_Timelines_EN-850x253.jpg
    YRNS_Timelines_EN-850x253.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 554
1. Union Station should be bypassed by the Relief Line. It should provide service directly to the main destination of the riders, between Queen and King Streets.

2. The Relief Line should be more express. Leave the streetcars to provide local service.

3. Both 501 Queen and 504 King streetcars should remain.

4. The Relief Line should include connections with the 2 Bloor-Danforth and the Eglinton Crosstown LRT.

5. Optional: the Don Mills LRT should connect with the Relief Line.

From the presentation, it look like it's been decided that subway is the appropriate mode for the corridor. Prior to this, they were ambiguous about what was the appropriate mode.

Should have been Bombardier INNOVIA Monorail.

Back