Modern viaducts take up very little room though? They might be somewhat visually intrusive still, sure, but on the other hand when you're actually riding them the view is much more pleasant!

I never understood the staunch opposition to elevated transit in Toronto. We could save significant money compared to tunneling or excavating, which would allow more track to be built which is something the city desperately needs at the moment.
Simple it "ruins the views" at least that's what everyone keeps saying about the Gardner expressway.

Not really I wouldn't want to live near either one of them. I've seen them in Chicago and they are ugly as hell
The Chicago ones were built in the early 1900s. They don't build shit like that anymore. Vancouver's Skytrain or Miami Metrorail would be a better example of how it's done these days.

The Chicago ones were built in the early 1900s. They don't build shit like that anymore. Vancouver's Skytrain or Miami Metrorail would be a better example of how it's done these days.
It doesn't matter what examples you use the chances of elevated transit in Toronto are slim

It doesn't matter what examples you use the chances of elevated transit in Toronto are slim
lol therefore I'm not allowed to talk about it? I thought this was a discussion board. Elevated transit is currently being built in Toronto as part of the Eglinton LRT (between Mount Dennis and Keele).

I like it in theory, but we had this and it was soundly rejected in Scarborough. That rt is the technology that went into SkyTrain. That's why I vote to keep and extend the SRT.

Last edited:
Victoria Park station has great density around it yet no retail around it. A few changes can make that place very vibrant.

lol therefore I'm not allowed to talk about it? I thought this was a discussion board. Elevated transit is currently being built in Toronto as part of the Eglinton LRT (between Mount Dennis and Keele).
but I believe its at the side of the road is it not? east of keele after the high school and after they pass York Civic Centre when you are almost at Black Creek. and there is northing in that area except eglinton flats and i think the design shows greenery since thats all that area has

Truthfully Ellington between Victoria park and Kennedy is pretty industrial, big box shop, and or car dealerships. If they didn't think the people here would support elevated then it is doomed anywhere people actually live.

Back