As meaningless as this is, "Don Mills - Downtown" is the only good name. And nobody's going to oppose a line for having that name.

Do you wanna call it the Don Mills - Overlea - Millwood - Pape - Carlaw - Eastern? - Queen Subway? That's still inaccurate cause it leaves out Riverdale Ave.

They use those names because their transit lines don't adhere to the road network like ours do.

Not sure how true that is. And RL won't be adhering to a single road, which is why I think a single nondescript (or celebratory) name has merit.

My contribution:

Don River Line

This is a favourite of mine. If built to Shepps as the conventional route it'd cross the Don four times, so it naturally seems like an apt moniker. If we do the western portion we could name it after Garrison Creek since it roughly follows that one as well. For brevity maybe Valley Line would be good too.

City: Moar transit
Denzil: Lol no
City: Plz
Denzil: U mad? Spending the $ in Scarbs - someday. Downtown bad.
City: We'll call same name as ur ward
Denzil: totally in

Apparently this isn't Don Mills:

upload_2017-5-18_12-47-27.png

His ward is also absorbing a big chunk of Ward 25 with the redistricting proposal.

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-18_12-47-27.png
    upload_2017-5-18_12-47-27.png
    817.6 KB · Views: 236
I've been saying the same thing since Ford started pitting downtown vs the outer city. Calling it Downtown anything is picking an unnecessary fight, as stupid as that is. The 'Don Mills line' would get near unanimous support on City Council, amongst downtown and suburban councillors alike.

The name would instil a mental goal of reaching Don Mills which would help bury the need to extend the Sheppard line east as a subway. Instead, Line 4 could be merged into the Don Mills line and eventually form a loop around the city:

City Hall to Pape, up to Don Mills, across Sheppard to Dufferin, down Dufferin to Queen, across Queen to City Hall.
so now there will be a Dufferin subway? Circle around city will look good

Don Mills Line sounds the best but it isn't really accurate since it runs on Queen too. But Don-Queen Line sounds weird and Queen-Don doesn't exactly roll off the tongue like Yonge-University-Spadina does (Yes I'm serious, lol).

Maybe "Don Mills - Downtown"
DQ line?

Back