And smart track

*Fart Track

F0RUKDEGJQEKYZ4.MEDIUM.gif

I also like the term Dumb track.

Leave the first Mayor of amalgamated York region and Toronto alone. Markham and Richmond Hill residents voted for him for better transit and since they been forced to waiting decades in their heavily populated areas it make sense to butcher the SSE to help them

The way I read that it means both phases going at the same time with the province paying entirely for the north extension. At least I hope so. Fingers crossed.

The way I read that it means both phases going at the same time with the province paying entirely for the north extension. At least I hope so. Fingers crossed.
Yeah...it's a marked change in *overview* on this....almost as if QP is pushing the City out of the driver's seat, but leaving the present inertia in place...*at least for route and stations* of the southern leg.

Note repeated emphasis on "Regional". I'm loathe to comment more at this time, trying to find any more background on this...my bias is unabashed. It *should be* the Province in charge of this. And ready to commit far more funds than they have already. Tory is already sidelined, much of it by his own hand...

Next question:....best I defer that, it's been a sensitive point in this forum....
Edit: OK, I'll phrase this in a different way than caused friction in this string prior:

Will the same vehicle/mode be used for the north and south sections? And why stop at Sheppard if the emphasis is on "Regional"?

I suspect the map displayed is merely a preliminary one for PR purposes...Queen's Park could do something truly dynamic with this, and hone votes in both TO and the Regions!

And what makes you come to that conclusion? They've committed to studying the Relief Line. That's it.
Someone let the fox into the chicken coop! lol...

I was going to paste in sections of the presentation, but that shouldn't be necessary, I'll attach it instead, and suggest reading it carefully. I'll paste in some of the key points.

There's been a massive shift in how 'those with the money and the true power' are looking at this. And it appears to be a gift-horse, carefully phrased to put 'no-money Tory' in the back seat.
Metrolinx will lead work on Relief Line North, in close partnership with Toronto and TTC
That's the master key. Here's others:
Requests that the City Manager’s office work with Metrolinx and TTC on developing a business case for Relief Line North
The Relief Line North Project Assessment will launch this summer, led by Metrolinx, in close partnership with the City of Toronto and TTC

Complete file attached.

Here's a reminder of the taunt that will come back to haunt His Hunched Holy Highness:
Mayor John Tory pushing province for 'hard commitments' for relief line funding
Tory maintaining pressure on Queen's Park to provide capital funding for future line
By John Rieti, CBC News Posted: Jun 02, 2017 10:14 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 02, 2017 10:14 AM ET

Mayor John Tory was at Queen subway station — a potential starting point for the future downtown relief line — on Friday morning to reiterate a call for the province to commit to matching federal transit investments.

Tory continues to push the province to commit to more capital funding for the potential relief line, which is still in the planning phases and isn't expect to be open until 2031.

"We need the commitments, hard commitments, on the money to build it," Tory told CBC Toronto on Thursday, following a meeting with other big city mayors from across Canada.

Queen's Park has provided some $150 million to help study the relief line, but has said repeatedly that it's too soon to commit money to the project.

Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca reiterated that funding commitment on Friday, saying more planning work needs to be done before the province gives more to the project.[...]
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/relief-line-news-conference-1.4142821

Guess what?

Attachments

• 20170628_BoardMtg_YSNERL_Report_EN.pdf
    185 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
This map in the report caught my eye, because it's so weird. Never seen Toronto presented with Yonge north of St Clair as directly N/S. Usually and logically it's the other way around. But it seems as if to make this misrepresentation look aesthetically pleasing, the E/W roads were skewed to run directly perpendicular to Yonge north of St Clair (when they don't). Just seems odd, like a lot of work went into making this have the appearance of being geographically accurate (when they could've simply made it geographically accurate).

toronto-metrolinx-report.png

Attachments

• toronto-metrolinx-report.png
    toronto-metrolinx-report.png
    562.3 KB · Views: 465

Back