20240309_150441.jpg
20240309_150553.jpg
20240309_150624.jpg
20240309_150802.jpg
20240309_152148.jpg
20240309_152201.jpg
20240309_152328.jpg
20240309_152723.jpg

Why does the mobile sign in the last photo mention "Do not stop on bridge"? What if you want to stop and look around you before continuing?

One thing I noticed this morning was that the station personnel were encouraging fans coming south on Atlantic to use the bridge while those coming off the trains/streetcars and wanting to go north to LV were being asked to take the tunnel. Most seemed to comply and the wider station had an air of orderliness!

Here's a look at approximately where the station will be laid out. The temporary northside platform is shifted far to the east to make room for construction.

IMG_0259.png

One thing I noticed this morning was that the station personnel were encouraging fans coming south on Atlantic to use the bridge while those coming off the trains/streetcars and wanting to go north to LV were being asked to take the tunnel. Most seemed to comply and the wider station had an air of orderliness!
The GO station area was being operated today as if it had a designated fare zone, the tunnel fell inside that area while the overpass was outside. The last of kotsy's pictures shows the staffed, makeshift fare gates (not that payment was being enforced here).

Great game today btw, last minute tickets for under 30 dollars!

Here's a look at approximately where the station will be laid out. The temporary northside platform is shifted far to the east to make room for construction.

View attachment 547075

The GO station area was being operated today as if it had a designated fare zone, the tunnel fell inside that area while the overpass was outside. The last of kotsy's pictures shows the staffed, makeshift fare gates (not that payment was being enforced here).

Great game today btw, last minute tickets for under 30 dollars!

Excellent edit!
I asked one of the workers when track two will be shifted to the area being prepped right now. He said he didn't know but it likely won't be any time soon.

...it's almost tempting to see what he does with his wedding photo services. <3

Aside from the fact that most couples wouldn't want that in their photos, it would be incredibly time consuming to do or hundreds of photos at a time. I almost didn't tag the batch I uploaded today because of its time consumption. So I hope you all appreciate it! 😂

Aside from the fact that most couples wouldn't want that in their photos, it would be incredibly time consuming to do or hundreds of photos at a time. I almost didn't tag the batch I uploaded today because of its time consumption. So I hope you all appreciate it! 😂
Fair enough! <3

I can't imagine they would design a structure with a load limit that falls under the conceivable crush load (counting on behaviour sounds rather dangerous). Maybe they just don't want overcrowding as a result of someone blocking the passage?

AoD

I can see that being the case.

During events at Exhibition Place that station can get quite crowded. Nothing worse than people blocking the bridge taking pictures, sending a text or making calls.

I have actually told people off for that over the years. Years ago I was leaving a Leaf game where people were texting and taking selfies as they were heading home right where everyone was walking. I used some less than polite words and suggested they get off their phone so people can get to Union Station.

Back