I personally won't be breathing any sigh of relief until the courts tell Metrolinx where to stuff their clearcutting idea on that.

Osgoode Station not only has the underground Line 1 tunnels and station to worry about, there are also sewers, watermains, natural gas pipelines, and communication conduits.

Since the time when Line 1's Osgoode Station was built, there are other changes underground. One of them is Enwave's steam and cooling piping. See link.
1675728959030.png

It maybe cheaper and faster to take down trees instead of rerouting piping. Are we willing to pay more to move the pipes? Depends if they are willing to show us where ALL the underground utilities are in detail or not.

Weren't there much more trees chopped down in other sites (Moss Park, Jimmy Simpsons, etc)? I'd rather no trees be cut (unless they are replaced), but I'm bewildered that these trees seem much more important than the other ones.

Are we willing to pay more to move the pipes?

The costs at this point are an abstraction. $19 billion, $20 billion, $25 billion the difference doesn't matter.
It's not like the project isn't going to go way over budget and take an extra 5 years once it starts.

Reactions: T3G
noting how the ontario line thread is still locked im sure this thread will be very very civil...lol

but i was watching that hearing as well. it was a gongshow for the LSO and funnily enough the grange park community association.

the haudenashonee people might have had a case but that was hard to understand

Lol Ford beat the lawyers society at their own game.... Nothing can get in the way of Ford and his Ontario Line... Let's start building rather than wasting time on (what the lawyers call it) moot point ;)

Lol Ford beat the lawyers society at their own game.... Nothing can get in the way of Ford and his Ontario Line... Let's start building rather than wasting time on (what the lawyers call it) moot point ;)
I need a Poe's lawyer here...

While I'm sad to see those trees go, the masses need transportation. This entrance isn't so large, couldn't some fairly mature trees be planted around the back perimeter and in 20 years problem solved?

Last edited:

Back