Media Hit!

Mississauga council approves three more high-rise condos along Hurontario’s LRT corridor
Mississauga News - July 7th, 2016 - http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...-rise-condos-along-hurontario-s-lrt-corridor/

Love the reference to the Hurontario LRT, and had a good laugh at this line in the article:

Lisa Roy, a resident who lives in the immediate area, said she moved to Mississauga from Toronto because she “thought this was a great city.”
"I didn’t buy my condo to look at another condo and be boxed in and that’s all I’m going to see,” she stated during the planning meeting.

I went to the original planning meeting and I actually laughed out loud when I heard what some of the protesting residents were saying about why they were against the project all together. One older resident was concerned about his dog and how he was going to miss his favourite tree to piss-on... he was rambling on and on...

Welp, it was only a matter of time before these last few houses in that stretch of Hurontario turned into buildings :).

I live a block away, so very excited to see how these turn out. Wonder what the pricing will look like.

64ea2158-faef-4ed0-a82d-396b12b9d96f_zpsk0cokysd.jpg

I suspect the trees at the bottom of the picture will remain as part of the new park.
The trees along the right side will remain, as there supposed to be a driveway next to them from the street that I opposed at planning.

Based on final design and layout, some trees on Elm may stay.

The trees in line with the bottom building should remain as part of the park. Some will be remove based on their condition or how the park is layout.

As for price, I expect $250-$300,000 as starting level.

One of the next area to go is the plaza and the apartment building at Central Parkway. I know there is a plan on the south side of CP where the medical building is, as well the vacate land is. Maybe they will look at the apartment building beside it now or someone else will.

It will be interesting to see what miWay does for the current stop, since it should be located further west than where it is currently.

Last edited:
The trees along the right side will remain, as there supposed to be a driveway next to them from the street that I opposed at planning.

Based on final design and layout, some trees on Elm may stay.

The trees in line with the bottom building should remain as part of the park. Some will be remove based on their condition or how the park is layout.

As for price, I expect $250-$300,000 as starting level.

One of the next area to go is the plaza and the apartment building at Central Parkway. I know there is a plan on the south side of CP where the medical building is, as well the vacate land is. Maybe they will look at the apartment building beside it now or someone else will.

It will be interesting to see what miWay does for the current stop, since it should be located further west than where it is currently.

The buildings next to and across Wally's are hideous. Just thought I'd share that.

It's been 5 months and 13 days, here's an update, all photos take on the NORTH side of the site:
SN015533.JPG
SN015535.JPG
SN015537.JPG
SN015539.JPG
SN015540.JPG

Attachments

• SN015533.JPG
    SN015533.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 765
  • SN015535.JPG
    SN015535.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 773
  • SN015537.JPG
    SN015537.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 739
  • SN015539.JPG
    SN015539.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 702
  • SN015540.JPG
    SN015540.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 707
Well this totally kills my view and brings down my property value. Guess I should be looking forward to a construction site for the next few years. Lesson learned. Only buy in developed areas.

Well this totally kills my view and brings down my property value. Guess I should be looking forward to a construction site for the next few years. Lesson learned. Only buy in developed areas.

Too bad to hear, but the market is hot, sell! New condos are a reality of living in a city centre. I guess Torontonians get that, but as Mississauga grows, it is something that more and more people will learn.

With all due respect, perhaps you should have done your research before you bought into the condo, views are not protected otherwise nothing would ever built including low-rise housing. When it comes to city building, especially in the city centre, the days of tower-in-the park and single low-rise homes on large plots are over.

With all due respect, perhaps you should have done your research before you bought into the condo, views are not protected otherwise nothing would ever built including low-rise housing. When it comes to city building, especially in the city centre, the days of tower-in-the park and single low-rise homes on large plots are over.

^ In addition, there isn't any evidence that 'losing' your view will bring down property value. Property value may not increase as high as a unit with a completely unobstructed view, but nothing will bring the value down except for poor building management (low reserve funds and lots of issues), or a market correction.

You may also see a temporary drop in value as a result of everyone else on your side of the building suddenly trying to sell their unit as a result of this development, but that's a direct result of the market being flooded with units just like yours. That will eventually level off. If losing views lead to reduced value long term, Toronto would be full of much more affordable housing.

Back