1592010290605.png

Coloured elevation - west:

1592010319714.png

Coloured elevation - south (east):

1592010365904.png

Coloured elevation - south (west):

1592010629295.png

Development Applications

This is a very substantial development for the Junction, especially as it's situated very well in one of the core blocks of the existing retail strip. In total there's around 8 existing retail commercial units at grade level, split evenly between the the corner building at Pacific and the mid-block heritage building being partially retained. It also consumes the parking space in the middle which is often used for street markets and festivals.

All in all, I do see certain positives in the long-term once all it's completed. But it's undeniable that this does usher in a newer complexion of the Junction area. I hope there can be an equilibrium where the retail scene is sustainable to allow for a healthy mix of independent businesses, especially as we head into a time frame of gradual economical rebuild. I appreciate how the renderings also include the future building planned for the west side of Dundas W & Pacific for context purposes.

2946-2968 Dundas St West

An application was submitted in March 2019 for an 8-storey mid-rise building consisting of a mix of 102 residential units, office space, and ground-level retail. The zoning change was approved at Council with the facade of 2946- 2952 Dundas St W being conserved, as it has been identified as having cultural heritage value. The application is currently working towards site plan approval.

Equipment has arrived for the demolition of the Junction train station, which is the event venue space in the middle of the site here:

This is a very substantial development for the Junction, especially as it's situated very well in one of the core blocks of the existing retail strip. In total there's around 8 existing retail commercial units at grade level, split evenly between the the corner building at Pacific and the mid-block heritage building being partially retained. It also consumes the parking space in the middle which is often used for street markets and festivals.

All in all, I do see certain positives in the long-term once all it's completed. But it's undeniable that this does usher in a newer complexion of the Junction area. I hope there can be an equilibrium where the retail scene is sustainable to allow for a healthy mix of independent businesses, especially as we head into a time frame of gradual economical rebuild. I appreciate how the renderings also include the future building planned for the west side of Dundas W & Pacific for context purposes.
I assume the representation of the redeveloped Pacific / Dundas NW corner is just notional? No applications made as of yet?

Some subtle changes were made to the Pacific Condos proposal on the top glazing component to have several inset balconies, and the cladding material on the SE corner fronting Dundas. From the latest resubmission back in Nov 23, 2020:

paci.JPG
paci2.JPG
paci3.JPG

I'm glad they added more brick precast for the podium part to blend in with the old facade being saved as seen in the photos up above. This is much needed in these downtown neighborhoods. Instead of using the all glass replacement approach for the old buildings being replaced .

Back