The metal frame for the pedestrian bridge is on site, ready to be lifted into place.
Currently..... a light yellow colour.

EDIT:
Pedestrian bridge over the tracks, not the bridge between the buildings.....
There's a thread on the bridge, with photos and minute by minute commentary :->

Such a weak colour used for the cladding. Is there a reason why Concord has choosen not to use any blue in their buildings or other colours for that matter?

I know it's not 'retail' and I know CityPlace is only a few hours away from descending into a St. James Town, but it's really nice to see a great looking Fox & Fiddle has just opened in the bottom of my building (15 Fort York). Haters gonna hate. ;)

I know it's not 'retail' and I know CityPlace is only a few hours away from descending into a St. James Town, but it's really nice to see a great looking Fox & Fiddle has just opened in the bottom of my building (15 Fort York). Haters gonna hate. ;)

I doubt that, its all manufactured BS by the City Place trashers..give it 5-10 years.
I Say 'eat your heart out':p

August 3, 2011

6007858470_81dfbde13a_z.jpg

The new bridge between the 2 towers is not to be erected until June 2012 of all things.

I was expecting to see it go up this fall, but 10 months from now is hard to take in.

That lift will be something to watch and it will be done during the day.

The new bridge between the 2 towers is not to be erected until June 2012 of all things.
I was expecting to see it go up this fall, but 10 months from now is hard to take in.

Gee, 10 months...by that time the TCHC bldg. at Block-32 should be topped off, Library Condos will be a couple floors above ground level, Quartz most likely will have installed a crane or two, Quartz-2 will be in sales while at the same time Concord Adex clears the nearby Block-37 and former Amsterdam Brewery site for its future and final phase west of Spadina.:cool:

That lift will be something to watch and it will be done during the day.

There was an article posted a few pages back about that.

Plans call for bridge pre-assembly in the field on temporary falsework 40 feet off the ground, starting next winter. A wind study indicates the optimum time to do the lifting operation is early summer, he says.

The job will take about 10 hours of lifting and be completed in summer 2012.

Excellent pic RM..looks like the are working on the 39th floor, 5 more to go.
Bring on the bridge and the Parade complex will be truly iconic in that CityPlace skyline..a similar cylindrical 200+ meter Signature Tower also wouldnt look to shabby ..:cool:

Pic taken August 12, 2011

dBPFk.jpg

Excellent pic RM..looks like the are working on the 39th floor, 5 more to go.
Bring on the bridge and the Parade complex will be truly iconic in that CityPlace skyline..a similar cylindrical 200+ meter Signature Tower also wouldnt look to shabby ..:cool:

Yeah, great shot…

but a similar cylindrical 200+ meter Signature Tower would look too shabby.

I don't mind the cylindrical shape, but how did we end up with such cheap looking cladding on this complex? The colours on Parade are the dullest of any CityPlace complex. Signature, when it comes, needs to be boldly coloured, architecturally avant garde, and profoundly urban where it meets the street.

I'm looking forward to Parade's bridge (which needs to be boldly coloured to make the points that there's this crazy insane bridge there), but otherwise, why is the design of the rest of the complex such a shy and retiring wallflower?

I'm guessing the cylindrical tower will be taller than its counterpart by labour day and should top off around end of September/start of October. A long time ago, someone predicted that exact time for a top-off date in this thread. I'll have to look it up.

I dislike Parade for so many reasons, but love it just for that bridge. Can't wait until next spring!

August 15, 2011

\\
6048563420_5625dfcb64_b.jpg

Last edited:

Back