Thanks! Just curious, if you look at my second pic, why does it look like 4 floors worth of blaconies are sheered away when the bridge will only be 2 floors high? And I wonder what that big support is sticking out of one of the columns.

If you scroll down to posts #840 and earlier, some detailed info has been provided on a similar question. I found it very helpful.

Here are some of the plans from an earlier post. The bridge itself is only 2 floors, but the whole structure has an effective height of 3 floors, and needs 4 floor plates to attach too. You can see that clearly in the first elevation. The site plan showing how it'll be offset.

If you scroll down to posts #840 and earlier, some detailed info has been provided on a similar question. I found it very helpful.

Got it. Thanks.

Skybridge.jpg

Interesting that the units in the bridge are going to be double height. Will be amazing to live in one of those!

Why does every condo have those arms for the window washing equipment sticking out? Do they not fold down or something?

Checked out these buildings today, there is actually retail at grade in both phases, there are two large retail units where the building meets with double height ceilings on Fort York and multiple doors for entrances on the street that runs towards the tracks.

Checked out these buildings today, there is actually retail at grade in both phases, there are two large retail units where the building meets with double height ceilings on Fort York and multiple doors for entrances on the street that runs towards the tracks.

I hope one of those turn out to be a Tim Horton's. Generally I'm not a fan of big franchise businesses but I need my Tim's Ice Cap.

A coffee shop would be amazing to create more of a neighbourhood feel - overlooking the park, and having patio space on the street ,

Why does every condo have those arms for the window washing equipment sticking out? Do they not fold down or something?

I've noticed that on many newer buildings too, once you see them on one building you notice them on many others. You'd think these could be disconnected then reconnected & inspected before they are used next.

I would think they can be stowed away somehow, or fold down. I find they take away from the look of a building.

The metal frame for the pedestrian bridge is on site, ready to be lifted into place.
Currently..... a light yellow colour.

EDIT:
Pedestrian bridge over the tracks, not the bridge between the buildings.....

Back