They've added a few spandrels to the east side of the podium. They're using the same colour blue as Nuvo 1 and 2. I was expecting a grey or silver colour which is shown in the renderings and the scaled model in the sales office.

Blue glass and icky beige precast...I think we have another Tridel monster in the making here. The only thing it'll have going for it is height.

June 10, 2011 Construction photos

Added some photos of Parc Nuvo construction taken June 11, 2011 to our Facebook page.

l4569d

jb8XMT

j5DZLW

Full series uploaded to the purchaser website earlier today.

This morning. The view of the Westwood is pretty much blocked now.

DSC02171.jpg
DSC02170.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02171.jpg
    DSC02171.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC02170.jpg
    DSC02170.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 374
Thanks for the photos from different angles, drum. It looks like the welcome break from the bulkiness of the previous towers that I was hoping for.

This seems a successful project for Tridel, the fact it is just right by the Kipling Subway station and GO station - the most needed for many people. Density seems so high in this area, and it reminds me of little "St. Jamestown" with owned units; I doubt this will last long but I know with Tridel, they would take care of that area very well. Like they would say, "Relax, it is Tridel!" Parc Nuvo, building set at 36 storeys looks like it will have an influence to expand along the Westwood Theatre lands once it is sold to a developer since the courthouse is cancelled.

This seems a successful project for Tridel, the fact it is just right by the Kipling Subway station and GO station - the most needed for many people. Density seems so high in this area, and it reminds me of little "St. Jamestown" with owned units; I doubt this will last long but I know with Tridel, they would take care of that area very well. Like they would say, "Relax, it is Tridel!" Parc Nuvo, building set at 36 storeys looks like it will have an influence to expand along the Westwood Theatre lands once it is sold to a developer since the courthouse is cancelled.

It probably won't end up like St. James Town, but in a way, it's a continuation of the formula quite evident in St. James Town of creating an enclave of high density without the corresponding mix of uses. It's high density in a format that minimizes the potential benefits of high density like creating a community where more people can walk to work, stores, culture, community events, civic life, and to entertainment in general.

I do not see any community centre being developed around Tridel nor commercial levels. This loses out the important characteristics in the area. This is only the area for people who cares to get to downtown by subway. By seeing those buildings, Tridel builds Parc Nuvo as highest tower that would block all views to existing residents in existing buildings. Many in existing buildings would lose east views on Toronto skyline (CN Tower landmark), and Parc Nuvo gets the appreciation of permanent east view as far as I think the Westwood Theatre lands wont be zoned for over 25 storeys.

I do not see any community centre being developed around Tridel nor commercial levels. This loses out the important characteristics in the area. This is only the area for people who cares to get to downtown by subway. By seeing those buildings, Tridel builds Parc Nuvo as highest tower that would block all views to existing residents in existing buildings. Many in existing buildings would lose east views on Toronto skyline (CN Tower landmark), and Parc Nuvo gets the appreciation of permanent east view as far as I think the Westwood Theatre lands wont be zoned for over 25 storeys.

For residents, Tridel's plans should have been clear from the beginning, yet it's undeniable that this community could have been better designed to maximize views.

For residents, Tridel's plans should have been clear from the beginning, yet it's undeniable that this community could have been better designed to maximize views.

Tridel always shows where they plan to build in the future on the community master plans but the height is not indicated. The community would have been better built to maximize views if the towers were taller and slimmer on the west side of the site and shorter and wider in the eastern side of the site. If two of the buildings were positioned to meet the street on Dundas this would also have given much more room to creatively position the buildings on the rest of the site.

Back