News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

^Thanks for catching that, Pier H is what I meant to say. Air Canada would definitely not be having any of that idea to moving their domestic operations to Terminal 3. As much as the GTAA may pitch it as a "good idea", AC would see it as a downgrade. As would many of their customers.

They're not building Pier G, they're building Pier H, which seemingly can only hold aircraft as large as a 767 at best. Also, a lot of widebodies fly into terminal three. Any chance of making terminal 3 the domestic terminal and Terminal 1 purely transborder/International?
Zero. That would demolish Pearson’s effectiveness as Air Canada’s main hub and a key Star Alliance hub.

Just landed at gate D55 for the first time. What an embarrassing area. There are no amenities.

Yup. The action is all in the piers. The curved area in the terminal is as you noted, gates and hallways.

I flew out of Terminal 3 last year with Air Transat and it was not the easiest thing to do. There were a ton of long hallways as they are relegated to a far corner of T3.

I flew out of Terminal 3 last year with Air Transat and it was not the easiest thing to do. There were a ton of long hallways as they are relegated to a far corner of T3.

I was coming home so it was no big deal.

It would suck to fly out from that area though.

I was coming home so it was no big deal.

It would suck to fly out from that area though.

I was flying out of Gate B5 which is on the complete other side of the terminal and up one level from the check-in. I remember walking to the gate and seeing the plane in the distance thinking "my god this is far".

Terminal 3 was a great replacement for Aeroquay 1 but it has outlived its usefulness quite frankly and needs to be rebuilt.

Arrivals are generally the poor cousin to departures. People just want to get off the plane through customs ( if necessary), get their luggage and get out of there. On departures you have a captive audience hanging around for hours waiting for their flight, they are most likely to be looking for amenities

Yeah, except for the fact that the wait for actually getting your luggage in T1 is like nothing I’ve ever experienced anywhere - not even in Buenos Aires or LaGuardia. Pearson should think about building a short-stay hotel in arrivals. You could check in, shower and have a refreshing nap, and your luggage might be out when you’re finished.

Back