G4NjyPU.jpg

Gnr8out.jpg

nlfHMYw.jpg

03sFsIf.jpg

Z9uweaL.jpg

QvE1hyp.jpg

That 3rd photo caught me off guard. I was wondering why I never noticed the wavy podium! I'm guessing your phone vibrated while you were taking it? Kind of a cool effect.

You could be right. At first I thought it was a rolling shutter effect, but it appears to be some kind of digital misfire.
Still, thanks for all the updates today scamander! You really covered a lot of ground. Hopefully wasn't too cold.

That 3rd photo caught me off guard. I was wondering why I never noticed the wavy podium! I'm guessing your phone vibrated while you were taking it? Kind of a cool effect.

Yeah, I was thinking of not posting that one, but decided against it. A wavy podium would definitely be pretty cool though!

Thanks Scamander24 and those who have been contributing photos lately... Usually large photographic contributions come at a far better rate on UT than they have been lately... I'm thinking winter has a lot to do with it... For us out-of-towners, these photo updates are greatly appreciated... I also notice that the level and quality of dialogue is ratcheted up a few notches after a good photo essay... Keep them coming please!

Last edited:
The busy random window mullions looks more like Mondrian than Picasso.
I prefer sleeker looking windows with minimal or no mullions at all, but this will still be a sharp looking building.

Huge photo dump. Shots taken this morning:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1373.JPG
    IMG_1373.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 982
  • IMG_1374.JPG
    IMG_1374.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 961
  • IMG_1375.JPG
    IMG_1375.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_1378.jpg
    IMG_1378.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 971
  • IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 959
  • IMG_1354.JPG
    IMG_1354.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 971
  • IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    303.3 KB · Views: 952
  • IMG_1368.JPG
    IMG_1368.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 979
  • IMG_1369.jpg
    IMG_1369.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 965
  • IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 951
  • IMG_1346.jpg
    IMG_1346.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 958
Based on the renderings & the small part of the exterior that's gone up already in the photo above, I'm pretty sure this will be my favourite tower in Toronto. I just love the idea that it's not all glass and has some colour.

Same here! Part of that has to do with red being my favourite colour though...

That red is sharp! I especially like that the window frames and mullions are also the same red.
This would have been a great opportunity to have window shades in red to further emphasize this striking design element. I am worried that when the mandatory white window shades are installed it will lose some of this boldness, likewise on the grey portions of the building (which the glass should be tinted).
It would be much successful than the almost-red curtains at Fashion House which was a huge missed opportunity and disappointment.

Outstanding update/pics!

This project is already a stunner. They chose the colours very wisely; I had my concerns about the red because the wrong shade could have thrown everything off; but it looks crisp and exactly as promised. So refreshing to see something like this going up, and not the same old same old.

The vertical topography Teeple created on the tower is very imposing but in the best way possible; really makes a modern statement.

Awesome pics, sMT! That view down Beverley is really going to look like an artist's rendering (or a Picasso?)

Back