From this afternoon:

2739962970_d7d01e6c29_b.jpg

^... This is a great looking building and the hole project is a great addition to the area. It'll be interesting to see Pinnacle's new development on Adelaide and John

yup I agree ... the hole is certainly a great addition to the area ! haha jokes ~ but seriously this complex of towers look all good inside and out

These condos are not great. They're no better than the concrete slabs one block south at the harbourfront. The only legitimate exuberance in this thread is due to the height. The design is sub-par, especially for this prominent location.

(waiting for some bonehead to ask, "compared to what, the brownfields that were there before?)

Agreed ... well until this last one you have to admit so far it doesn't look too bad at all.

Yeah, this one looks marginally better due to the glass.

They are subtle, understated and sheek... better than most condos on Bay.. the "whole" (Solaris) project fits well together.

indeed the glass portion between the two are similar .... however there are substantially more architectural variety expressed in the steel and precast detailing on Pinnacle Centre/Success Towers ... Pinnacle wins hands down

I'm really not feeling the tacky 1950s Diner faux-deco aesthetic on Pinnacle.

I think the real issue I have with Pinnacle Centre and to a certain extent some of the City Place condos is their bulk in proportion to their height. A lot of these buildings would look so much better if they were a little more slender like Spire for example.

^... Disagree with you there too... For a 50 storey building that is slender

My problem is with the base. It looks so weak and has no character. The towers are a little to identical, but I don't think that is really surprising given its a multi tower development. Just nice if they varied them more.

Back