2812248865_67eff64a99_o.jpg

2812247125_bb350ec0cb_o.jpg

Tomms, you should really sell these pics to the folks fighting to keep the Gardiner just as is. (They've organized into some sort of media-savvy group by now, haven't they?)

...and I've never understood the barrier argument. A road you walk over. A bridge you walk under. What's the difference? Where's the barrier?

i'm also liking 8 the most. the gradient map (i'm assuming that's what was done) looks really nice on this pic.

it's remarkable at how it reminds me of an artery with blood cells (cars) moving along through the body (the city).

tomms' photos are just beautiful --- whatever happens PLEASE KEEP THE GARDINER - i love it (seriously)..

tomms' photos are just beautiful --- whatever happens PLEASE KEEP THE GARDINER - i love it (seriously)..

As do I. My family from Europe loves it. The idea that walking across a ten lane surface street would somehow be easier than walking under the existing highway is ludicrous -as is the idea that eliminating the highway would reduce traffic.

If the city wants to make it easier for pedestrians to access the waterfront close Lakeshore Blvd under the Gardiner so that all vehicle traffic is separated from pedestrians.

Liberal Corruption - some very sarcastic satire there... or are you just loopy?

UD, there is always the option of maintenance... see the section near Ft York as an example. Maybe your scenario is right in a way though: while the politicians and interested parties squabble over the fate of the Gardiner, no maintenance will be done (why maintain something that might be scheduled for demo) and sure enough it will fall down.

Has anyone seen the rendering for Success 2 in the new Condoguide? It seems to be the best looking tower of the bunch. It's design is somewhat similar to that of the Trump tower.

Not sure if it's just the picture but this project reminds me of a tower-in-the-park sort of development. It appears that a substantial portion of projects south of the highway are developing in this way. Not sure if this bodes well for the liveliness/urbanity of the area.

Back