DSCN0536_zpsad6a28cb.jpg

DSCN0537_zps444c8d90.jpg

DSCN0540_zpsde900a50.jpg

DSCN0542_zps6ddc8c49.jpg

DSCN0543_zpseae6d965.jpg

Last edited:
Since we have an official rep from Pinnacle, I'd like to ask if the setback from Burnhamthorpe has anything to do with an eventual widening of the road on the south side? We've seen the DT21 plans, but wonder what kind of direct communication or limitations are being put in place for this?

thanks for the updates Pinnacle

Anytime! We are excited with the progress that we have made!

Since we have an official rep from Pinnacle, I'd like to ask if the setback from Burnhamthorpe has anything to do with an eventual widening of the road on the south side? We've seen the DT21 plans, but wonder what kind of direct communication or limitations are being put in place for this?

To our knowledge, the city's plan for Burnhamthorpe is to see a more pedestrian friendly realm, not a street widening. The city's vision includes a sophisticated urban streetscape, which will be highlighted by fixtures such as planters and street furniture.

The benefit of a deeper setback allows the city more future flexibility. It gives them the option for placing public art on site, or perhaps widening the sidewalk if need be.

The setback was due to future widening and that was kill too late for this development/block. I hope what every get built east of here is brought up closer to the the property edge.

The City is looking at reducing the road width from Mavis to Hurontario and long over due. The street is too wide for the amount of cars it carries in the first place.

The main phase will be between Confederation and Hurontario at first.

Any 7 lane road is pedestrian unfriendly and hard to cross. Traffic lights are at about 150 second also.

The road system was build for a car bedroom of Toronto starting in the 60's.

The setback was due to future widening and that was kill too late for this development/block. I hope what every get built east of here is brought up closer to the the property edge.

The City is looking at reducing the road width from Mavis to Hurontario and long over due. The street is too wide for the amount of cars it carries in the first place.
If there is eventually going to be 2 lanes of LRT, then the space will be needed.

It would be stupid to shift part of the development up against Hurontario and leave the rest set back - better to have the structures follow a continuous line and re-align the roadway+sidewalks to make it more functional. Hell, even putting a boulevard down the middle with trees and fountains would work, if it pushes the road and sidewalks out towards the buildings.

Once you have some closer to the road and others further back, it becomes impossible to have anything consistent and basically ensures it looks like a poorly planned disaster. With so many buildings set back at this point, you more or less have to stay there with any others that follow. You can reduce lanes, add parking and still not need to make a stupid move of putting new buildings up against the current property edge.

Back