Got a letter last week stating the occupancy has been moved from the fall of this year until March of 2014 due to the elevator strike. I should have just bought a unit at pinnacle uptown, seems that project will finish first at this rate

Got a letter last week stating the occupancy has been moved from the fall of this year until March of 2014 due to the elevator strike. I should have just bought a unit at pinnacle uptown, seems that project will finish first at this rate

You got to be kiddy considering tower 1 is just out of the ground with about 22 weeks to been top off and tower 2 is not at grade yet. You are far better off with the March date than Uptown.

You got to be kiddy considering tower 1 is just out of the ground with about 22 weeks to been top off and tower 2 is not at grade yet. You are far better off with the March date than Uptown.

Ya i was being a tad sarcastic. Just frustrating with delays, but I was warned of such things when you are buying new build condos.

The positive thing about the delay is that more things might get finished by the move-in date. I have seen condo buildings where people were required to move in when all common elements (gym, pool, hallways, driveways, etc.) were still not done. They/you would endure all the hassle of living in a building still under construction. I remember the last time I moved into a new building, the fire alarm was going off every day/night because of all the dust and because the system was still being tuned.

Aug 1
Should be top off next week. More shots up on site:

9416426433_6fb9d3ffff_b.jpg

9416025755_3262770c8c_b.jpg

9416030787_1d172258f7_b.jpg

9418800590_1e1f4b66a3_b.jpg

9416073155_cfe822432e_b.jpg

9416076007_70c802022e_b.jpg

All white pre-cast? Really? They could easily (and cost-effectively) clad the podium or even part of the podium (i.e., the protruding box) with a contrasting colour or texture.

Even if they had just used a more textured and darker material on the podium (even brick), it would have made a *huge* difference.

Back