Geez UrbanToronto, talk about an overreaction.

I agree. The podium is nicer in person. I find the pavement and lighting features to be much better than a Scarborough strip mall.

Also, I think some pretty good retail will take up the space and improve it further.

Hopefully a good restaurant goes in. Whatever retail it is, I hope the signage will go over that protruding part of the podium giving some life to the base.

The area is flooded with restaurants. It needs groceries.

do we know what is going where Chapters used to be in the Scotiabank Theatre? that would be the perfect spot for a large format grocer.

Yes.. Michaels is going in. So, we now have a marshalls, michaels and linenchest in what was once considered the club district!

TORONTO ON M5V 1P7
Description:HVAC - Proposal for interior alterations on the ground and second floor for new 140 seat restaurant, Unit 1, "La Carnita @ Pinnacle"

As per City of Toronto Building Application site, La Carnita, Fox and Fiddle, La Zona Italian Restaurant, and a sub shop to open

Interesting, do you have a link to where that info is? Im wondering what sub shop, I cant say Im thrilled with those options for the area.

It struck me what the corner retail unit ought to be: 7-eleven :p
ESroobr.jpg

Vc4sRxR.jpg

Because it reminds me of the angled corner at Bloor & Spadina

Attn: Toronto Condo Developers: STOP it with this crap would you?
EzzX1VS.jpg

I don't mean this project is crap but the overall glass balcony tower district is a future ghetto in the making. It is dreary and overall needs more variety--how about a red brick tower with punched windows?

Back