I am aware of that. Also see: Pinnacle One currently for a fine example of that.

...however, I am not going to be pulling punches on names known for their idea of "quality".

Sat Aug 8, 2020

A1CDC6B7-0DFF-4EA2-86E9-437C52B99178.jpeg

18C028FC-F8A6-443D-B150-ACC2BE3C1917.jpeg

F80D2F83-28CA-45D3-B711-22A10E6490EA.jpeg

So it's a confused building...generic and uninpired north and south facades, but a simple, smart brick facade on the west and east sides (of course not hand laid..that's a rarity as we know, and wouldnt work well with the facade treatment).
I used to praise the building's render, but I didnt realize Pinnacle's cheapening effect at the time.

I guess tourists will enjoy the bent facade bit.

Does anyone know if the brick inside the suites will be exposed or are they insulating and drywalling over it?

I wish they had used a brighter red brick. This colour (along with the Selby) seems a bit gloomy.

I think the colour is fine, but it's a shame they couldn't hand lay them on the podium section. It really does look like wallpaper down there.

The colour is fantastic. It recalls Scotia Plaza's Napoleon red granite panels. It manages to be both contemporary and also evocative of our rich heritage of brick architecture.

As I've said...this whole wallpaper brick phenomenon...I'm simply not a fan of. If it at least looked natural, I'd have no issue. But it looks fake and on this building it doesn't work. Great design, but the cost cutting of Pinnacle really turned it from a 10 to a 6.5. Use hand laid brick, an excellent, realistic veneer, or just use a different material altogether.

Back