• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
I know that people move into to unfinished condo buildings all the time, but generally the construction is complete and the work still taking place is usually cosmetic, no?

ROCP had a crane on top working away while people were moving into the first 10 floors.

ROCP had a crane on top working away while people were moving into the first 10 floors.

How is that legal? That would be considered a construction site, and people would have to be wearing hard hats while moving in.

The laws about living/working on a construction site are very sketchy.

I worked in an office in the Toy Factory Lofts during the conversion. In 2 years we had a forks from a bobcat come through a wall, bricks breaking through windows, a jackhammer came up through the floor and hit a desk someone was working at, 2 evacuations for cut gas lines, so many power outages I lost count.

During the demo my desk would shake so much my coffee cup fell off. The entire time 2 cranes carrying material over our heads and certainly no hard hats required.

The building inspectors said it was perfectly legal.

This appeared to be a great project, great building and good floorplans. As I walk by every day, I've noticed that the partitions between suites are just single stud drywall...you'll be able to hear every pin your neighbours drop.

Windows are starting to go in. I'm kind of curious about the bricked in windows. Those aren't looking too hot.

3360772736_857c326b85_b.jpg

Now up to the second floor on the tower:
3360778198_e3bc958970_b.jpg

And courtyard windows are coming in:
3360783812_baf586a9d8_b.jpg

3359971907_95fb514c30_b.jpg

The thing I really like about this condo are the sawtooth suites!!

ummmmmm....i hate to ask the question...but...where?

He is speaking about a render which I posted in haste but have since removed until I can get proper permission. Apologies for any confusion, the render should be back later today.

Also, Chandler Graham Architects are handling this project.

Last edited:
ummmmmm....i hate to ask the question...but...where?

The ones in the stream of pictures just above my previous comment. The roof is the old sawtooth factory roof, and therefore sawtooth suites!

The current occupation date for my unit in the conversion is August 31st... doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Thanks for the pics btw - I don't get down there often and I was wondering how things were progressing.

I think it's the 4th floor they're pouring. From the plans, it appears that the courtyard will be raised from street level and will line up to the first floor in your pic with the columns. If you look closely, you can see rebar sticking from the floor of the first level which will support the courtyard.

I think it's the 4th floor they're pouring. From the plans, it appears that the courtyard will be raised from street level and will line up to the first floor in your pic with the columns. If you look closely, you can see rebar sticking from the floor of the first level which will support the courtyard.

Yeah, that's correct. The sawtooth lofts are two floors, and the single-floor units below them are what will be ground-level suites.

Last edited:

Back