This is the official Promenade Park Towers and Liberty Development renderings for the first couple of phases, including High Street

PromenadeParkTowers_Aerial_LibertyDevelopment.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A good portion of this has been changed by now. The Office/hotel has been cancelled (or pushed way into the future), and the 'future retail' in front of the renovated main entrance has been switched into a 6-storey office building and a green space.

This is not a thread I have been following closely.

I see Retail-Insider with a new story up on this site:

This is the site-wide render they have posted:

1674445614479.png

Didn't see that in the DB render collection or the last couple of pages, apologies if its a repeat.

A rather peculiar roof-top view too:

1674445712436.png

I've rotated the birds-eye view photo from the previous post, and it definitely matches the 'master plan' seen in the docs for the 6-storey 'office' building proposed. I've never seen this view of the site before. Very curious to see how this progresses in the future (and the # of parking spaces each of these units gets)

1674445712436.png
Screenshot 2023-01-22 234433.png

This project along with the number of other condos going up in this area are very exciting times. This area seems to have flown under the radar with all the number of developments happening across the GTA at the same time.

Perhaps the sleepy fly-under-the-radar is the perfect approach for densifying suburban centres. Looking westward along Centre St one can see VMC in the skyline. But what sets this area apart from there is the mix or commercial and community amenities that are reasonable in reach such as easily accessible grocery stores. Right here in this part of Thornhill there is already three big grocery retailers concentrated together within a 10 min walk. This alone is quite a draw for condo dwellers and will only be more enticing for future condo projects.

9FDD279D-EF48-45B8-AC25-83462B4CF878.jpeg

This project along with the number of other condos going up in this area are very exciting times. This area seems to have flown under the radar with all the number of developments happening across the GTA at the same time.

Perhaps the sleepy fly-under-the-radar is the perfect approach for densifying suburban centres. Looking westward along Centre St one can see VMC in the skyline. But what sets this area apart from there is the mix or commercial and community amenities that are reasonable in reach such as easily accessible grocery stores. Right here in this part of Thornhill there is already three big grocery retailers concentrated together within a 10 min walk. This alone is quite a draw for condo dwellers and will only be more enticing for future condo projects.

View attachment 454829

Hi @yrt+viva=1system! The main reason the Promenade Mall Revitalization has been flying under the radar is simply that few UT members go past it to take photos very often. If you don't live too far away, please post more often, we'd love to have a better feel for how it's progressing!

And lastly, from today, still brought to you by my new S23 Ultra (still wish I was sponsored, pretty please Samsung?).

Starting from the east side and moving to the south/south-west side. The last picture tries to show the ramp that will eventually be the entry-level road for the towers and connect to the 2nd Level entrance for the mall.

I'm very curious to see how the garage entrances for these buildings play out, especially once the parking lot is further developed. The entrance for the underground parking is below the elevated road, underneath the east tower. Very interested to see how the landscaping and roadways play out in both the interim and long term.

20230213_150412~2.jpg
20230213_150422.jpg
20230213_150557.jpg
20230213_150601.jpg
20230213_150604.jpg
20230213_150618.jpg
20230213_150713.jpg

Back