I can guarantee that cinderblock hut is temporary. No way they'd stick a permanent structure right under the delta frame in the showpiece lobby. I'll reserve judgement on the elevator core until it's complete.

Unfortunately, having gone through the plans and the axonometric drawing posted in an earlier article, it is pretty clear the hut is permanent, likely for loading purposes.

AoD

Unfortunately, having gone through the plans and the axonometric drawing posted in an earlier article, it is pretty clear the hut is permanent, likely for loading purposes.

AoD

As I understand it, there will be a cafe atop the "hut" and a pretty swanky feature stair to access it. Personally, I can't wait to sit up there with a coffee and people (and architecture) watch.

Yeah - that "hut" is for the loading area - the wall will be clad in wood and the same white backpainted glass as the elevator core.

Pic taken Oct 22, 2015

jFnegnt.jpg

The retail is called Ricarda's. I guess it's a restaurant or a bakery? There website was very vague and pretentious.
Croissants and kisses. The content was lacking. But I guess Ricarda is taking some time out from travelling the Mediterranean in order to post photos of Audrey Hepburn and do Toronto a favour.

Last edited:
There is something uniquely Torontonian about this building, and I like it.

I think it is the combination of the old warehouse and the new office. The engineering behind the delta frames, the LEED standards and the buildings tenants also speak to Toronto as a center of innovation and technology.

Back