Who/how can I contact the TTC to talk about the regular issues with the 510 crossing at Lake Shore (vehicles coming down Gardiner exit ramp regularly blocking the tracks)?

Drivers just don't get it. There is a major major design flaw here.

The tracks at this intersection should be painted so at least there is a visual indication.
Talk to the City, not TTC as this is one of TTC biggest bitch trying to run service south of King for 510.

You have only stand there to see what the issues are and it start with the clueless drivers who don't how to drive nor obey the law.

It takes far too long to get a 510 car across that intersection because of the traffic, but also the signals.

Painting of the Track ROW is a start, but enforcing it is another issue. You have a traffic department that doesn't support transit at all and think cars are Gods.

Go to Bathurst and Fleet and watch 511 turn northbound and deal with cars past the white line.

All turning and intersections should be painted for streetcar ROW.

You have painted intersections telling cars to stay out and how many are found there when lights change direction?

Last edited:
I agree, enforcement is probably 90% of the battle.

Joe Cressy is the councillor there; get him working on it.

I agree, enforcement is probably 90% of the battle.

Joe Cressy is the councillor there; get him working on it.
Knowing Joe, he only can do so much, as it beyond his control in the first place.

Unless you have enforcement at this intersection full time, 7 days a week, not going to do much. This applies to other intersections.

If you have an enforcement officer standing at the bottom of the off ramp and allowing x cars to make that turn, it will be only then you will see improvement in both direction for 510.

Because of limit resources, hard to justify having an enforcement personal at the intersection all day 7 days a week.

Knowing Joe, he only can do so much, as it beyond his control in the first place.

Unless you have enforcement at this intersection full time, 7 days a week, not going to do much. This applies to other intersections.

If you have an enforcement officer standing at the bottom of the off ramp and allowing x cars to make that turn, it will be only then you will see improvement in both direction for 510.

Because of limit resources, hard to justify having an enforcement personal at the intersection all day 7 days a week.

You don't need an enforcement person there 24-7. Every morning, 7 am - 10 am, for sure, plus Friday and Saturday evenings maybe 6-9 pm, plus an hour or two before Jays games.

I won't write Joe Cressy - he is either overwhelmed with work, or he doesn't care, or he is incompetent, because I can never predict if his office will reply to my inquiries. Unlike Adam Vaughan's office which was way more responsive.

Ok then, who/how can I contact the city about this? What department?

Police services and/or 311 and/or transportation services

And yes, the local councillor can get this type of thing done (unless you don't get a response as per pstogios' post). We've had a number of instances where traffic enforcement has been provided thanks to our councillor.

Police services and/or 311 and/or transportation services

And yes, the local councillor can get this type of thing done (unless you don't get a response as per pstogios' post). We've had a number of instances where traffic enforcement has been provided thanks to our councillor.

Maybe try Mike Ford? (Insert laugh track here.) :D

You don't need an enforcement person there 24-7. Every morning, 7 am - 10 am, for sure, plus Friday and Saturday evenings maybe 6-9 pm, plus an hour or two before Jays games.

I won't write Joe Cressy - he is either overwhelmed with work, or he doesn't care, or he is incompetent, because I can never predict if his office will reply to my inquiries. Unlike Adam Vaughan's office which was way more responsive.

Ok then, who/how can I contact the city about this? What department?

Call the mayor. Let's see if he returns calla like Rob Ford. Or visit community council. Or 311. Or the city ombudsman. Traffic services? If it's a safety issue, then it will be solved before you can say "speed bump".

Last edited:
Call the mayor. Let's see if he returns calla like Rob Ford. Or visit community council. Or 311. Or the city ombudsman. Traffic services? If it's a safety issue, then it will be solved before you can say "speed bump".

Toronto Tranportation Services' website indicated emailing 311 is the way to contact them, so that's what I did, and requested TTS read the email and reply. We'll see whether they do; I'm quite skeptical.

At a July meeting of the TTC board, commission service planner Scott Haskill suggested the Queens Quay overhaul had been driven by “public realm and urban design” considerations, at the expense of transit planning.

“There is physical separation on the new Queens Quay, but mostly just from cars, and not from all the other road users. And so we do see friction with road users,” he said.

Deputy Mayor Denzil Minnan-Wong, who is a member of both the TTC and Waterfront Toronto boards, said the delays to transit are unacceptable. He’s frequently pointed to Queens Quay’s $35.7-million cost overrun as evidence that the revamp was too expensive and overdesigned. “One would think that if you’re going to redesign a streetcar route, that you would make it better, which would mean that it would be more efficient and faster,” he said.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...n-proves-popular-though-friction-remains.html

1. Of course it's driven by public realm and urban design - it is waterfront revitalization first and foremost, not running LRT at top speed. You want that? Get a completely different ROW designed for that purpose alone.

2. I didn't realize DMW is such a defender of public transit - if only he is so active in promoting that priority elsewhere.

AoD

.. they have to something about that large parking lot at Rees. As soon as the blue jays game is done, the road jams for 2 hours from all the cars exiting.

.. they have to something about that large parking lot at Rees. As soon as the blue jays game is done, the road jams for 2 hours from all the cars exiting.

Yeah, that's begging for redevelopment - who owns that land (I don't think it's a Green P)? I would imagine the planning process would dictate a taller, thinner tower (or two) for that plot, given the struggle that the Maple Leaf Quay folks have had getting their newest plan approved.

Yeah, that's begging for redevelopment - who owns that land (I don't think it's a Green P)? I would imagine the planning process would dictate a taller, thinner tower (or two) for that plot, given the struggle that the Maple Leaf Quay folks have had getting their newest plan approved.

I believe the lot is owned by Harbourfront Center. There were some posts a few pages back indicating that it's slated to be turned into a northern extension of HTO park.

I believe the lot is owned by Harbourfront Center. There were some posts a few pages back indicating that it's slated to be turned into a northern extension of HTO park.

That would be awesome, if true. Would love to know the source of those rumours.

That would be awesome, if true. Would love to know the source of those rumours.

The lot was part of the initial competition proposal - from Claude Cormier's site:

hto-urban-beach-9.jpg

http://www.claudecormier.com/en/projet/hto-urban-beach/

Remember, this is only the proposal - the actual was scaled back significantly.

AoD

The lot was part of the initial competition proposal - from Claude Cormier's site:

hto-urban-beach-9.jpg

http://www.claudecormier.com/en/projet/hto-urban-beach/

Remember, this is only the proposal - the actual was scaled back significantly.

AoD

Hmm - isn't the Cormier design represented there the one for the Maple Leaf Quay slip and not the parking lot? In the image above, the parking lot is represented by a whole bunch of thin, colourful lines to the east of the MLQ slip. I'm not sure what those lines represent, though.

Back