Yeah its to bad, residents in that area are more concerned about height limits than the actual designs, oh well maybe they will do better of whatever is left of north Front street.

Yeah its to bad, residents in that area are more concerned about height limits than the actual designs, oh well maybe they will do better of whatever is left of north Front street.
And how do you propose AG that local residents have input into the aesthetics of a building built in King West?

This gothic building is sticking out like a sore thumb. It's probably their intention though...

I don't quite understand the hate for this building. It is a bit bulky but far from offensive. Maybe I'm just a sucker for black buildings.

Really? And on what basis do you make this characterization? Just to mess up your silly generalization, I'm a longtime resident of the area, and no developer has ever asked me for my opinion on the exterior design of their building, nor would they likely care. They have the final say.

Hmm- I think the height and massing are fine for this stretch. Indeed I would prefer if the buildings in this area are built low to mid-rise, and the darker toned buildings are a welcome change. However perhaps this is because I live in North York, where everything (as noted by Dame Edna on her arrival in TO) is a lovely shade of beige.

I really like the design of this building. I like the black facade, the staggered balconies, and the design, which is (finally) different that the hideous buildings of CityPlace. Do I think it fits in with the neighbourhood? absolutely not. Reve woudl have "fit in" more with everything south of the rail yards (of course it would be really tiny).

at the public meeting for Front and Bathurst, some citizens criticized Tridel for not listening to them. Apparently there is a giant black wall on one side where Tridel promised to do some fancy glazing or finish on the wall which hasn't happened to date.

I's hate to have one of those south side balconies in the summer. They will be roasting hot on a sunny day.

The black facade is a product of the condo incarnation of this project. The hotel version indicated something quite different.

from today
20110326084.jpg

Back