News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Looks great on Kawhi! What an epic fail. Clippers traded all that young future talent for Paul George.

The Clippers mistakenly believed that just signing the one superstar who's credited with being the major contributor to getting the Raptors their first championship would produce the same result for their team.

One man is not a team.

The Clippers mistakenly believed that just signing the one superstar who's credited with being the major contributor to getting the Raptors their first championship would produce the same result for their team.

One man is not a team.
The Los Angeles Clippers are not called the Los Angeles Kawhis for a reason.

Raps have considered Louisville as a potential home for next season due to the closed border situation.

While Chiefs quarterback Patrick Holmes and the local mayor have advocated for Kansas City as a host:

Agreed. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they announce he's gone.

A little surprised they didn't do it the next day - I guess they want to make sure they're doing their due dilligence.

I think they might be worried how this looks on both sides yes what is he accused of is awful but people would ask if he was white would they get rid of him.

The Centre position remains the biggest question mark for the Raps right now. Ibaka reportedly will sign with the Clippers, and fwiw also extending their interest at Marc Gasol, although it was clear he's left Toronto already. Lots of other names also getting claimed off the free agency list, even the mediocre ones.

Looks like the Raptors would need to try harder in attracting free agents. Apparently, temporarily moving to a subtropical state that doesn't have income tax isn't enough to attract top-tier talent.

Looks like the Raptors would need to try harder in attracting free agents. Apparently, temporarily moving to a subtropical state that doesn't have income tax isn't enough to attract top-tier talent.
There was no "top-tier talent" available in this year's free-agent pool. The best player available in the league was Fred Van Vleet and he took LESS MONEY than what other teams were offering to stay with the Raptors. So your post doesn't really check out.
Serge Ibaka is a good player, but not top talent, and the Raptors can do a lot with the now-available cap space he's leaving behind.
The Tampa thing has nothing to do with free agency and attracting talent.

I figured Ibaka could easily be lured away by a multi-year offer - the Raptors are trying to keep flexibility for next year's free agent class.

What I don't understand is why the Raptors didn't just offer him a 1 year, $15 million - $20 million deal. His Lakers contract is basically one year (other year is a player option). The Raptors could've offered him the same total sum of money in just one year, with the same option to become a free agent next year.

Baynes is an upgrade on Gasol, but no Ibaka is a big loss. Overall they're a weaker team. Hopefully there's some major development from within.

Bembry is an okay role player. Can cover the SF and SG positions, and brings a defensive presence to help the bench depth.

Baynes is alright too, considering the options remaining at this point. Nothing special but is at least a hardworker.

There's still time to further reinforce the team, but right I think the Raps may finish somewhere in the 3rd-6th place range in the East. Bucks, Celtics, Sixers, Heat are going to stay competitive. The Nets will be up there was well, assuming everyone is healthy, and they may still make a big move before the season begins. I felt the Pacers overachieved a bit last season, but they should still fit somewhere to round off the playoff spots. The Hawks also made solid moves and I expect them to fight towards the final few playoff spots again.

Reactions: syn

Back